Science-Victory% Proof-of-concept Speed-run

Update...

Firstly, my final time was 1h50m10.06s, a sub-2hr time, decent overall but likely improvable.

Secondly, I'm sorry there's no sound. I had no idea QuickTime Player (played through Porting Kit on macOS Big Sur with a Late 2013 Retina MacBook Pro) wouldn't record audio.

Thirdly, I finished in M.Y. 2,337 with a score of 3,084 (115% [Our Bio-machinery, Our Selves] on Citizen). Again, I did my best. I don't know what improvements, if any, can be made here. Technically, I could've increased Native Life Activity to get a better score, but my real goal was to get through this as fast as possible.

For those seeking a more effective strategy, here are the rules.

Firstly, no Scenario Editor. Randomly generated maps must be created during game setup. The usual rules with map generation and game customization apply. Save files that fall outside these parameters will automatically be disqualified.

Secondly, Iron Man should still be used. Speed-runs are supposed to be done in one take. I wasn't able to make it work fully, but I restricted myself by as much as possible to what
the pro-gaming community considers "fair". Again, however, this is proof of the possibility of such an achievement, not a real run.

As always, video recordings and save files must be sent in for the final verification of your score's integrity. I will run all files through editing and analysis software plus the game to ensure nothing is doctored. If I detect foul play, I will have no choice but to disregard your achievement and strategy.

Keep the uploads up! One thing thought, the game change drastically if you leave wildlife on average.

Top Bottom