Settler #1 Actions Once road is finished

Settler #1: What to do once road is finished?

• Settle a city to the SE

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Settle a city to the NW

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Irrigate the square it is on

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Explore to the North

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Explore to the South

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mordhiem

Quantum Physicist
My thinkin is that as soon as the road is finished we send it SE and settle there right? However of course people might have thier own opinions, so voice them here!

Given the current visible terrain, there is a strong chance that the NW grassland non-shield will have two specials.

So I vote for NW founding.

There are 10 unique possibilities of Specials at these 2 location. Current "Odds:"
Code:
       NW     SE
4 Sp    0      0
3 Sp    0      0 
2 Sp    6      0
1 Sp    2      7 
0 Sp    2      3

See here for where this comes from.

There will be more terrain uncovered by the time the road is finished. By then should we have enough info to determine the best place for our capital? My vote would be to not make a decision with less than all the potential info available. Either wait to decide when more of the map is uncovered and the road is actually finished, or have a plan A/B set up. That is, IF the NW truly is a 2-special site, build there. If not, build where there is a special or even keep looking for a better site. Or maybe just instruct our fledgling president to build in the best site specials-wise once the road is complete, make sure he has all the appropriate info to make that decision, and then let him do his job.

I"ve not yet voted on this for the above reasons

I hope for a horse to come from the hut and that with this horse we will be able to explore a bit to find out a good place to settle our capital. If no horse comes out of the hut I think we should go for the NW spot for all the reasons starlifter gave.

So everyone votes to settle with the settler but you want to wait for some scouting to occur.

Top Bottom