Shall we attack the longbowman with our 2nd keshik should the 1st fail?

Shall we attack the longbowman with our 2nd keshik should the 1st fail?

• Attack with the 2nd Keshik

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Attack with the 2nd Keshik at the DP's discretion

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Don't attack the longbowman with the 2nd Keshik

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is an Elephant with Combat 2 promotion east of the Campaign Army, the incoming longbowman has city defense, Berlin has Triple defense longbowman, spearman with assault (not useful here) and Combat 1, where the last defender has no promotions at all.

I think it is a tragedy that poor research leads to suicide attacks. Even worse that secondary polls expanding the damage are forced through against better judgement. I appeal to the Civ4 players in you, not the part of you that is a litigator, to vote against this poll.

For good reasons, voting here is made private, as people voting for the option has good reason to hide their decision.

I don't have time right now, but I suggest a discussion thread be created in the Citizens forum with a screenshot of Berlin and it's defenders, our attack force, and all other units around. This way we can discuss this with more focus, as currently the discussion is spread around multiple threads (mostly polls).

I find it easier to make a complete decision when all information is in one spot. Currently, I'm spending so much time bouncing around trying to locate the info I'm unable to focus my attention to the discussion.

If no one has done it by the time I get off work (midnight CST), than I'll do it than.

We might want to list all the relevant polls in that discussion while we're at it. With the current date of the 9th and the courts stay, we have plenty of time to properly discuss this.

Go back to the original thread, which has all details, "Siege of Berlin 1260", I made an exhaustive work on this, but obviously, too few actually read it.

Go back to the original thread, which has all details, "Siege of Berlin 1260", I made an exhaustive work on this, but obviously, too few actually read it.

If I'm remembering your thread correctly (I apologize if I'm mistaken), it was primarily with a certain tactic in mind. Obviously due to one binding poll and another currently active, this will change things. I was thinking more along the lines of one that is neutral and lists all possible options. Sorry, it's been a while since I read your thread and a lot has happened since than.

Possible options for the Keshiks ? I am not changing the stack now.

Possible options for the Keshiks ? I am not changing the stack now.

I understand your desire not to change the stack and I'm not asking you too. Basically, my main point is so that all of us (especially me) can know exactly what we are dealing with. Me personally, all I know is we have a force and they have one and there's also two keshiks (one wounded) who can attack a LB.

That's not enough information for making a sound decision. Yes there is your thread, but its focused entirely on your strategy. I like to know everything.

I'm done here for the day. I need to go to work.

It is posted, I am looking for a CIV 4 Battle calculator.

I think this poll has been tainted by incorrect information. See the Judiciary thread for details. Perhaps Grant would like to start a new poll so we can decide what to do based on the correct odds?

Yes, this was a very emotional and ill-researched poll. I think a new poll should be put in place, exhausting all options available to the fate of the Keshiks should be put forward.

1. Attack with one Keshik (specify odds, without doing something in-game)
The other Keshik goes to the foodplain, in order to continue for the Golden Hill
2. Attack with two Keshiks (specify odds, without doing something in-game)
3. Attack with no Keshiks (send both farther east, NE of Berlin, blocking the Longbowman from Berlin and preparing to go farther East for the Golden Hill (scouting)
4. Keep all keshiks on the hill

You leave off the best and most important option of all.

5. Attack with the full strength Keshik, as a singe two-square attack. (odds 67.8%). Leave the 2nd Keshik's move, if any, to the DP so that the actual results of the 1st attack can be factored in.

Yes, this was a very emotional and ill-researched poll. I think a new poll should be put in place, exhausting all options available to the fate of the Keshiks should be put forward.

1. Attack with one Keshik (specify odds, without doing something in-game)
The other Keshik goes to the foodplain, in order to continue for the Golden Hill
2. Attack with two Keshiks (specify odds, without doing something in-game)
3. Attack with no Keshiks (send both farther east, NE of Berlin, blocking the Longbowman from Berlin and preparing to go farther East for the Golden Hill (scouting)
4. Keep all keshiks on the hill
5. Attack with the full strength Keshik, as a singe two-square attack. (odds 67.8%). Leave the 2nd Keshik's move, if any, to the DP so that the actual results of the 1st attack can be factored in.

For 5 Daveshack, I recommend we agree on a fixed odds limit for the 2nd Keshik, if it is below a certain %, we send him scouting, if not, it attacks?
What about that, could that be a compromise?

I would say minimum 67 % odds for the second Keshik, otherwise it is a no go.

I would also appreciate the citizens to actually research these things in more detail, before ill conceived polls rattle the people, military planning and in general keeps the court busy. If you want to persuade the warlord, please do a bit of research first, that helps.
I listen to facts and numbers, not "concerned citizens asking for obedience".

Could you explain a bit more why you believe this thread is tainted Dave, as you are aware this was created before the controversial information, which still has yet to be ruled on, was brought into the game.

There is no way to tell how many people may have voted after receiving incorrect information about our attack chances. BTW I hadn't looked to see which option was winning. I happen to agree with the "winning" option.

If the people want to affirm this poll, I won't object.

I definitely see your point Dave, so I guess the question is does anyone here want to change their vote knowing what they know now? If we get a couple of people saying that I'll be happy to create a new poll, otherwise I don't want to bother with more clutter and confusion on this issue.

It's my understanding that 1) The "Kill the Longbow" poll is still binding, and 2) the % chance is still the same due to the charge. In other words, there is still a chance that we're going to have to answer this question.

Note that so far the majority states to let the DP decide, do we really feel that will change? If a new poll is created I know I'll still vote the same. Legally the poll is valid, though as DS says, some may have voted due to the "false" % chance we thought was true.

Okay, apparently I'm just rambling, so I might as well just stop. :crazyeye:

Note, my vote will not change, I'll still vote "Let the DP decide".

Top Bottom