Shocking Evidence - "Beyond Earth planned to be an Expansion for CiV!" says Modder

I'd like to see what making units' base movement speed a lot faster would do. Bigger maps would mean more tactical maneuverability, but it would also make city placement really easy, and have a similar effect to current RT, where civs are just so far apart they don't get into conflict. Big map + 4 tile base movement though, that could resolve the issue.

I wouldn't mind a halfway system either, like Endless Legend, where it's MUPT but you have a cap on the number of units you can have on a tile based on your technology and gold upkeep.

Large maps are fine on Marathon time, where the ratio of unit movement to civilization progress is more sane.

Ideally strong resource positions and natural wonders would create locations worth fighting over.

@Red Menace

In the meantime for Civ 5, there is the Combat Balance Mod which reduces ranged unit combat strength to something resembling sanity.

I personally also use a mod in 5 and BE that practically removes the damage melee units take when attacking cities, but it is possibly more controversial.

There is nothing interesting or intelligent to me in needing to bring tedious amounts of artillery to take a city, with melee units only to land the final blow.

@Red Menace

In the meantime for Civ 5, there is the Combat Balance Mod which reduces ranged unit combat strength to something resembling sanity.

I personally also use a mod in 5 and BE that practically removes the damage melee units take when attacking cities, but it is possibly more controversial.

There is nothing interesting or intelligent to me in needing to bring tedious amounts of artillery to take a city, with melee units only to land the final blow.
thank you, its insane the amount of melee strength ranged units have. if crossbowmen had 10 strength instead 14 than they would be a lot easier to deal with if hey didn't have support.

I don't enjoy using tons of artillery but I still want to need artillery on a stronghold city.

As a secondary bonus, the mod gives cavalry more of a purpose in using their mobility to kill archers.

They tried to convince us that Beyond Earth was meant to be a standalone all along. But now, more one year after the release of the game I found the dark secret hidden deep inside the actually not so deeply hidden game files.

The astonishing revelation that will re-shape the world and make us re-think our view on reality and our place in the universe. Prepare yourself, mentally and phycially because the information that you're going to get now may trigger anxieties that you didn't even know you had- Open the Spoiler-Tag at your own risk, reader discretion is advised.

Spoiler :
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- edited with XMLSpy v2010 rel. 2 ([url]http://www.altova.com[/url]) by Ian Smith (Firaxis) -->
<!-- edited with XMLSPY v2004 rel. 2 U ([url]http://www.xmlspy.com[/url]) by Anton Strenger (Firaxis Games) -->
<!-- Created with Liquid XML Studio - FREE Community Edition 7.1.4.1284 ([url]http://www.liquid-technologies.com[/url]) -->
<UnitMemberArtInfos>
  <!-- ************************************************************************** -->
	<!-- *******************  [h1]Expansion3 Units[/h1]  *********************************** -->

<!-- **********************  BARBALIENS  *********************************** -->
	<!-- UNIT_WOLF_BEETLE ****************************************************** -->
	<UnitMemberArtInfo>
		<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_WOLF_BEETLE</Type>
		<fScale>0.085</fScale>
		<Granny>Assets/Units/Barbalien/Wolf_Beetle/Wolf_Beetle.fxsxml</Granny>
		<Combat>
		<Defaults>ART_DEF_TEMPLATE_WARRIOR</Defaults>
                <EnableActions>AttackSurfaceToAir</EnableActions>
		</Combat>
		<Weapon>
		<WeaponTypeTag>BLUNT</WeaponTypeTag>
		<WeaponTypeSoundOverrideTag>CLAW</WeaponTypeSoundOverrideTag>
		</Weapon>
		<MaterialTypeTag>METAL</MaterialTypeTag>
		<MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag>EXOSKELETON</MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag>
	</UnitMemberArtInfo>

[...]
Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\assets\Units

SHOCKING! I know. ...I know. I know how you feel. You probably can't breath right now. Just don't panic. It will go away soon. But while you're fighting death and slowly losing conscience... the rest of us has to focus on the impact that this will have on humanity. How is the world going to handle this devious plot twist? How will the individual handle this newly found view on reality? Will society fall apart? This and more later tonight on the Ryika Report.

...or maybe this was known all along and I just didn't get the memo. :mischief:
Thread's going to get locked, isn't it? :D

Wow!... These are some bold claims, dude. You better watch your back.

This evidence does have merit, after all look at my thread for sufficient evidence of Alot alot of civs going nuts in space race attempting to be the first one.

You can even see me the north sea alliance, brazil, egypt, africa and arc getting on in it. One only can wonder if Cestus group was from egypt!

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=523229

Top Bottom