SimTower

Becka

M AS IN MARTINI
Does anyone else like this game? I do, but I've never won it. Probably never even got close, actually.

I have gotten a 5 star tower, just cram the place with offices for the lowest rent, manage your elevators well, get 5 or 6 floors of shops and youre set! I would keep playing if there wasn't a bug that happened every morning.

I wish I could manage my elevators well. Here's a screenshot from one game I'm playing. (I may have to fix it; it could be too large).

This is a 15 story 2 star tower with 767 population, 4 fast food places, 4 fast food places wide with two elevators shafts.

Attachments

• simtowerscreenshot.jpg
    simtowerscreenshot.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 575
I have some strategies I compiled from the strategy guide I "borrowed" from the library:

- Put your security stations on the right edge of the building every eleven floors, starting at B1.

- Put lobbys every 10 floors, your sims only change evevators to express here.

- Have 5 express elevators, 3 going up, 2 going to the basement.

- Put one Medical center underground, and one near floor 50.

- Put stores and food places within 2 floors of a lobby or skylobby.

- Have Escalators in store areas, if you have 2 floors stacked put 2, one from 1 to 2, and one from 1 to the skylobby

- Put stores near your metro

- Don't make a hotel, it is horribly expensive and hard

I once made a hotel by getting a three star hotel, and buldozing all the offices. Then I built only twin rooms, with 30 floors, 10 rooms wide. Each floor had a maids room. There were 6 or so suites on top, and 6 or so resteraounts, 10 shops. The rooms had the scond lowest rent, yet I still made money. Unfortunatley I needed a parking lot for the suites, and the first stall being built triggered a bug. Each morning it came back:( . I gave up on that game, forever:cry:

Yeah I've got tower a few times so technialy I won. Anyways try building a middle shaft and taking the offices up only three per story. Then you go to thirthy and revert back to the original sytem doing this all the way up.

Edit: oh yeah haveing that elevaator go down to the basemenst is going to give you problems later. Just put in the stairs. And ohwell not to be rude, but you have a few facts wrong. You can only but lobbies every 15 floors. Hostels are good:goodjob: thats a huge money maker(plus it brings people into your tower, bussiness to your resturants and fast food, cinemias-sp and there really not too expensive).

Originally posted by spycatcher34
Yeah I've got tower a few times so technialy I won. Anyways try building a middle shaft and taking the offices up only three per story. Then you go to thirthy and revert back to the original sytem doing this all the way up.

What do you mean by "taking the office up only thee per story"? You mean only building three office per story? :confused:

Oh yeah, 15 floors. I haven't played in a year, due to that bug. But I don't like hotels, once they are there the maids don't leave! Party Halls bring in a hefty amount of cash after a while, Usually have two or three. The cinemas are a real pain in the arse, the movie replacement cost is a killer ofen I don't get revenues, only losses:( . BUt I am a very succesful buisnessman, I would say a third of my income is from food and shops.

If i had a 50 floor tower it would be like this mostly:

- Lobby
- 2 floors of shops above and below, escalators taking huge part
- among them are fast food, occasional resterount
- B8, B9, B10 have metro, two floors of shops surround it
- floor 4 to 12 office
- 13, 14, 16, 17, shops, 15 is lobby, escalaotrs again
- 18 to 27 office
-etc.

bsement would have, garbage and parking, occasional party hall or cinema. Would sometimes have one floor of suites.

Do any of you name people? I do, hehee. Sometimes I will instead make an apartment building, but that only a one time shot, so I have hotel on top.

Originally posted by Becka

What do you mean by "taking the office up only thee per story"? You mean only building three office per story? :confused:

He means building offices three by three, like this:
o=office E=Empty Wall

oo
oooEEEEEEEEEEEE
oooEEEEEEEEEEEE
oooEEEEEEEEEEEE
oooEEEEEEEEEEEE
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Sorry I didnt explain it better its more like this E=empty O=office |=elevator _=lobby

EEEEEEEEOO|OEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEO|OOEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEOOOEEEEEEEEEEEE
__________|_____________
|OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO|
|OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO|
|OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO|
|OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO|

Ah, ok. Thank you. :)

Ok, here's my tower with spycatcher's suggestion.

Attachments

• simtower2.jpg
    simtower2.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 486
Ok your doing ok. Dont worry about the yellow ones. Just keep building until you get to 1000 ppl. Then things will get better build your express as close as you can to one of your main ones. Make sure it gets to the 15th floor. What happened is that the main elevators now have to service the uppper elevator as well as their own load. Oh yeah I'll make a tower using these basic priniples and see if I can get mine over three star.

Ok your doing ok. Dont worry about the yellow ones. Just keep building until you get to 1000 ppl. Then things will get better build your express as close as you can to one of your main ones. Make sure it gets to the 15th floor. What happened is that the main elevators now have to service the uppper elevator as well as their own load. Oh yeah I'll make a tower using these basic priniples and see if I can get mine over three star.

Ok, I'll keep going. :scan:

Here's a picture now. I have 3 stars.

Attachments

• simtower3.jpg
    simtower3.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 381
Good but to avoid all your tenats moveing out bring that elevator back down to thirty and revert back to your old sytem(floors2-14).Oh yeah and now that you are a 3star build an express elevator somewhere either inside or outside the tower.

Alright-y. Thank ya. :D I'll post another screen later.

Can you download SimTower off the internet, or do you have to buy it? I used to have it, but windows somehow got deleted off my system, I lost Simtower, and my friend had lost the disc!

Irritating, huh!

Top Bottom