[BTS] Smart Map Script

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by crashmon, Jan 13, 2022.

1. crashmon

crashmon Warlord

Hi All

has anybody experience playing on maps using this script. Sometimes I want to practice an iso game, but using the standard map scripts there is really no way to force isolation, so you end up having to either look at the map (switching resources etc view off) to check your iso, or play enough turns without being contacted to prove its iso.

This script gives options which you can set to ensure you have iso without having to look at the map once its generated, but wanted to check if anybody actually used it?

2. TheBirdMan

TheBirdMan Warlord

Before I "migrated" from the original BtS release to the BtS/Realism:Invictus mod, Smartmap was the only map-script I used.

3. 6K Man

6K Man Bureaucrat

I use SmartMap exclusively (in LoR). I usually change the default continent separation to remove the option to circumnavigate with a Galley, and that works. I haven't played with the isolation/non isolation settings.

4. The Snug

The Snug The Civ Heretic

It's the only map script I've used, but I don't recall any iso options on it.

5. crashmon

crashmon Warlord

You can set some options which will ensure ISO (like 1 civ per continent, and have the culture borders at 4 tiles, with a smooth landmass and no islands). This ensures your not in touch with any others.

The only issue is that all the AI are also in ISO as well

The Snug likes this.