[Solved] Change notification icons?

Serp

King
Hi :)

I would like to change the icons of the notifications, eg to the ones used in hellblazers mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1304210829
His mod does not only introduce new icons, but also new notifications and some other UI improvements.

But I can't simply use his mod, cause he stopped updating his mods and more important than new icons, is a bug free game (thats also the reason why I do not use QCUI). Therefore I thought the best way to have a new icon mod without bugs and without being outdated, would be to still use the same old ingame notifications and UI, but with new icons.

I think the icons are defined in NotificationPanel.xml ? ActionPanel_NotificationGrouped.dds and ActionPanel_Notification.dds . But I can't find more information about them in lua or xml files (eg find an atlas and see which icon is assigned to which notification) and neither find the dds file itself.

Start with the Vanilla file Icons_Notifications.xml in folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\Icons

The notification icons are listed, along with the atlas definition and the index number each notification uses from within the atlas.

In Civ6, the game's base DDS files are "compressed" as it were within (I believe) ".blp" files. These are similar in function to Civ5's ".fpk" files.

Top Bottom