[BTS] Solved! Changing Skins what's up with that?

sawi_13

Chieftain
Edit: This issue has been solved. Thank you.

Hi,
I have been out of the loop for several years and now installed the Steam version on a new computer.
I still had old files where I had modded RiFE to add different unit skins to a great number of the units.
Although the game works, I now have an interesting (but very annoying) effect that the new skins show when
I select or use the unit, but it reverts to a standard skin (the one of the animation file used) when the unit stands still.
What has changed from the disk version to the steam version that causes this effect? Or what am I missing?

PS: it seems to happen also with skins used in the original RiFE, not just my mods. For example the barbarian Cyclops unit when
it is not moving looks like a huge warrior from the basic game.

Last edited:
What are your unit graphics settings? It's possible that the unit art you are using does not properly support low res / non shaded settings. The reinstall could have changed what you had in your previous setup. These days there is no reason not to set everything to high quality, maybe that helps.

What are your unit graphics settings? It's possible that the unit art you are using does not properly support low res / non shaded settings. The reinstall could have changed what you had in your previous setup. These days there is no reason not to set everything to high quality, maybe that helps.
Yeah, I actually just figured it out myself and you are right. That was the problem. The game did not recognize the power of the new computer and decided it had better change the in game setting to low graphics. And this caused the effect. After I changed everything to high it worked.
Thanks for taking the time to answer.

This problem is solved.

Top Bottom