Some questions

Question

King
Obviously the affinity system heavily favors focusing on techs that give just one affinity (if you are running around with tier 4 soldiers and your opponent still has tier 2 soldiers because he researched balanced techs, he is screwed).

This really annoys me because there are lots of useful buildings/advances in techs that aren't my main affinity and if i research them, i fall behind in the affinity race. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I also noticed that the early affinity units are pretty meh. For example i can build CNDRs which have 24 combat strength, but by the time i get a sizable amount out, i'm already at the next affinity level which unlocks strength 24 soldiers....that require no resources and have tons of bonuses from previous upgrades. Is this just me? It feels like it is way too easy to make units obsolete through researches before you can build and use them properly.

How do you counter tacjets bombing your units...when your cities are too far away for your own jets to help? (this assumes carriers are not an option).

Ask Machiavelli to give add you to the pool of beta testers for his overhaul mod ( http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=561919 ), he does a great job giving more interesting choices. ;)

Other than that there's not much you can do, the unmodded game has some horrible balance that leads to very one-dimensional games if you care about efficiency.

Tacjets can't be directly countered, indirectly you can counter them by staying just in range of the AIs Tacjets and fortify some Melee units (ideally on a forest/hill tile), the silly AI will keep attacking them and lose all of their Air units within a couple of turns.

Are there any recommended mods out atm? Not just game balance mods either?

I thought you counter tacjets by doing air sweeps, but for some reason you cant build airfields (seriously why?) and i don't see any AA units that can intercept enemy tacjets. That leaves carriers and the basic carrier can only carry 1 tacjet, so you need 3 to match a single city.

Also even if there is the target has more than 2x the strength of the attacking tacjet, the tacjet will survive and will heal up very fast (admittedly, the tacjet will do very little damage but it seems odd).

As is the game, so it's hardly surprising.

Not sure what you were expecting though, the original question was answered (if that didn't come through: The AI does not heal its Air Units, it keeps attacking into your units until their Air Units die) and the question about mods... well, without any information on what you're looking for how is anyone supposed to give you a good answer for that?

My mods are obviously the best mods that exist so my advice is to click the links in my signature.

Rather than have loads of question threads I have a few basic questions that I thought I could hijack this thread with.

1) when trading with the AI I get held up by cooperation agreement a lot of the time when I search for it in the help. What is it? how do I get one? Do I need to research anything?
2) Everyone talks about "rising tides" what is it? IGNORE this second question, have had a quick look and found out what it is.

Top Bottom