Special movements per Civ

Rufio

Chieftain
So, I was hoping it was possible to make a mod that gave every Civ a certain terrain/feature that they excel in and negate the movement cost for.

For example, the Aztecs, they live in the jungles and should have no problem traversing them, therefore the Aztecs get no movement cost for Jungle/Rainforest.
And probably a couple others get this too. And several Civs would get the same for Woods.
And some civs would get Plains/tundra Hills, others might get Grass/Snow Hills. Etc.

Movements costs are annoying in this game. just going over a hill with woods costs 3 movement... and if there's a river in front or behind haha, well, you'll be there all day.. I don't want to just give tons of movement because then on open areas/roads you travel too far. For some games I've edited 0 MC for jungles/woods and even hills, but it doesn't feel right. feels like cheating. But darnit I only play on Massive or Gigantic maps, so default MC is too frustrating.
But then it just occurred to me, why the heck do my eagle warriors travel so slow in the jungle?! They're born in the jungle! This seems like the perfect solution, to give everyone a bit of a break, without overdoing it.

I can try to myself, but I don't even know if it's possible and would need lots of help.
But what do you think?

Top Bottom