****Spoiler*****GeorgeOP losing to BCLG

Turns haven't been coming very fast. We both go through patches of no cIV.

I finished the barracks the same turn I learned Archery, so my next build is a skirmisher. I think I'll do: Skirmisher, Worker, Skirmisher, Settler, Skirmishers

I'm thinking about where to settle the second city. Should I put it on the Copper? I can then grab all the resources and don't have to worry about him pilliaging my copper. Mine the hills and farm everything, and I think it could be a pretty good city. What do you guys think?

placing it on copper is interesting since you wont have to defend it.
wish i would have used that...in my game with BC.

Its a good spot. From memory i think putting a city on the copper its becomes automatically mined and connected but you lose the extra production, but i'm not sure

robi..100% correct...

hmm since your first city doesn't have big production and without the copper the second city wouldn't big either, it might be better to put the city 1 tile east of the copper. You lose the pigs that way but then you can always get them with a third city

nope..building towards him is good..it allows you to use teh forward cities to get troops closer to the front.

It does seem counter intuitive but the rule is to build towards them, that way your denying them land when get land yourself

put the city 1 tile east of the copper. You lose the pigs that way but then you can always get them with a third city
I meant change from this. That's still a great area for a city, no matter where his cities are. When I thought he was NE, the pigs would be on my side of the continental divide. Now I'll be leaving it on his side. I was just wondering if you thought I should move the city W and closer to his lands.

If you put it 1 tile west of the copper on the plains that would be a good spot. It leaves the copper behind the city and is blocked by the lake to the south. It also means you can get the copper and pigs without a border expansion. Also keep building your skirmishers, from all the games i've seen BC likes to get aggressive early

I second that on BC getting agreesive early..sometimes to his own detriment. HE sacrifices tech for military

Top Bottom