Spy Strategy

soulthirst

Chieftain
Anyone ever did a Spy-centered strategy for a domination win?
Basically its just coup d'etat-ing every AI capital.

I tried it using ARC, with the might virtue that hastens intrigue increase at quick game\gemini. I can't even raise the intrigue of the capital (tried it with the russians and kp) to level 4, even with the other spies doing Operations Reconnaissance.

Anyone having a success at this?

Dude let me tell you right off the bat, you'll have to do the very low difficulties to even ATTEMPT this. On the harder difficulties and medium, intrigue will never exceed 4. That's why the affinity acts are useless. They can't be done. However, the spies still get good techs, which can help you.

Yeah, it's pretty much impossible. You may be able to get 1-2 capitals from Civs that have a slow start if you beeline the tech, but once they have spies to defend themselves the chances of getting intrigue up are pretty slim. There is that odd Civ every now and then that for some reason doesn't bring back a spy, but getting a total of 7 capitals that way would be insanely lucky. The AI also likes that -2 Intrigue Cap building, so at that point offensive spying actions become impossible anyway.

So the best use of spies for a domination victory is the same as for any other victory - steal energy and science. Then use these resources to get what you want.

Top Bottom