Still not possilbe to play more than 22 civs?

warhead66

Warlord
Hey there!

So as i found out for myself, you still can't add more than 22 civs in a game.. Is it still not possible to make a mod where this feature is available? A mod like that would be faaaaaaaaaaantastic!

Regards!

I don't think it is possible. If it were, someone would have done it.

But to be honest, with 22 civs my computer starts to sputter during the Industrial in-between turns. It takes a lot of resources on your system to sort that many AI systems.

Maybe it would be practical to know if this game could multi-thread better. My i7 is feeling no love at 18 civs with a burning rage of 80~90 Celsius. (Use the other cores ya stoopid game).

I doubt it's worth it to make a mod that supports that many. Maybe appeal to i7 xtreme or xeon/opteron users which are very few.

It would get tough on the pc, but tbh i'd be willing to downgrade graphics a lot for it. I don't have a problem running 22 civs on high with an intel 5 2.2ghz and Nvidia 540m.

Those giant 34 earth maps from civ 4 were so awesome, although they also did eat a ton of memory from the pc.

I have an OK computer, like everyone I still get lag on huge maps. But playing a huge map with 22 civs and 41 city states is overkill, the first 50 turns of the game took so long I could almost have completed another game in that time.

I remember the days of civ 4 mods. "legendary" map size or something. Revolutions mod with an insane number of extra civs

Top Bottom