Stupid nobels -- Nobel for lit given to Bob Dylan :)

Has Bob Dylan said a word about his Nobel Prize yet?

It's not like the U.S. needs any more help to look bad in the eyes of the rest of the world.

He, or his publicist, or whoever runs his website recently removed all mention of him having won the prize, so there's that.

I personally believe that Dylan himself is more aligned with Traitorfish than with anyone else on this thread.

Objectively, I'm afraid.

That isn't a rap song. Did you mean Empire State of Mind by Jay-Z? It's hard to describe it as lyrically "powerful," though.

That's a bit better, but it clearly isn't the best. I highlighted the rhyme schemes to show why:

"Visualizing the realism of life and actuality
**** who's the baddest, a person's status depends on salary
And my mentality is money orientated
I'm destined to live the dream for all my peeps who never made it
Cause yeah, we were beginners in the hood as five percenters
But something must have got in us cause all of us turned to sinners
Now some are resting in peace and some are sitting in San Quentin
Others such as myself are trying to carry on tradition
Keeping this schweppervescent street ghetto essence inside us
Cause it provides us with the proper insight to guide us
Even though, we know somehow we all gotta go
But as long as we leaving thieving we'll be leaving with some kind of dough
So
, and to that day we expire and turn to vapors
Me
and my capers'll be somewhere stacking plenty papers
Keeping it real, packing steel, getting high -
Cause life's a ***** and then you die."

Compare that to what I consider the best verse in hip-hop (all of the non-red colors overlap to some extent with the main rhyme scheme and thus appear smaller than they actually are):.
You're missing some of the lyricism:
visualize and life
actuality and salary and mentality

that's in the first two lines, I don't feel like continuing :wavey:

Has Bob Dylan said a word about his Nobel Prize yet?

It's not like the U.S. needs any more help to look bad in the eyes of the rest of the world.
Just to update this: Now he has. He's said he'd be happy to come to Stockholm and accept it. Still — a bit cryptically — has has added the rider that he will do so... if he can…

No one as yet knows what alien danger in need of battling might yet stay Bob Dylan's course in such a way that he cannot be present in the Stockholm Concert Hall to shake to royal mitt on the day! ;)

Just to update this: Now he has. He's said he'd be happy to come to Stockholm and accept it. Still — a bit cryptically — has has added the rider that he will do so... if he can…

No one as yet knows what alien danger in need of battling might yet stay Bob Dylan's course in such a way that he cannot be present in the Stockholm Concert Hall to shake to royal mitt on the day! ;)

Don't worry, he will be there. Rumour has it he is polite when the camera is on. If he was logical he would turn it down -as he supposedly let people claim he would?

Top Bottom