suomipeli

What are you waiting for? CHAAARRGEEEE!!!

I was awaiting for your orders. ;)

Navajo fell. I managed my troops less than perfectly, but thanks to whoever followed my advice on building some HAs. They were fast enough to correct the mistake.

Resistance in Khazak was fierce, but it fell in two turns.

LA and SF (up north) too.

Stack landed next to NY

Captured Philly and the fool finally gave in. Good job team!

End turn for victory screens. :)

Attachments

• Team Suomi AD-1350.CivBeyondSwordSave
    288.8 KB · Views: 232
Good job Sampsa and gj Team Suomi! We are the winners! :king: And thanks for the team for playing and commenting. I hope you learnt something, at least I haven't used that bulb strategy before, thanks for that and your micro tips Sampsa. One of the reasons I wanted to try out a succession game was learning.

Are you interested in a new game? I think it would have slower pace since holidays are over, but that's okay and it leaves more time for commenting the pre-play-plans. Since this game was actually a bit easy for us, what about raising difficulty to immortal? I have found out that raging barbs changes the strategy needed (if you have a lot of land) and makes it harder imo, so what about trying it? And since pangaea seems to be the most popular map type and it leads to more early victories, wars and diplomacy, it might be better. I think it would be more interesting if we'd have to struggle for survival and win, not for the earliest win date.

We could get another player, JSS, to the next game.

1350AD.. Whoah! That is something! Well done everyone! Thanks for playing with me too :)! Victory is ours :dance: :banana: :cheers:! @Sinimusta, our El Capitano: Well, I could think about playing another game- if others are interested. Immortal is fine too, since our victory date was higher than I've ever achieved in my games. You can choose the settings, but I do not prefer Raging Barbarians, though I accept it if others like it! However here are three conditions what you have to accept if you want me to play :p: 1. I cannot play in weekends. I have too little time for that for several reasons. 2. I'm a noob and you have to realize that I'm a huge risk to your victory, its like +1 difficulty if you play with Robert on :lol:! 3. If I have to skip turns because of school you can't do anything! That's it. You want to play with Robert on or off?

Helllooooo!! Anybody home? Are you interested or not?

Yes, game was way too easy and we just blasted our way through. Pace should be much slower especially at the beginning and PPPs should be more exact. Sorry but otherwise it's just going to be stressful. ;)

Technically our game was decent (biggest mistake was the slight delay with GLib+NE, not costing us more than 5-10 turns of delay though). Strategically good, but one big mistake imo. We should have just taken the strong cities from Mansa and founded the good sites S/SW of our cap. We took the weak northern cities from him and they were nothing but a drag. I felt at the time we have so many troops we need to use them, so I guess our planning was poor. I'm sure game could be won ~1000AD (conquest) with optimal play.

Immortal would be too easy for us without you Robert :lol:. Seriously we definitely want you in. New players are most welcome, too.

Immortal would be too easy for us without you Robert :lol:. Seriously we definitely want you in. New players are most welcome, too.

Sniff.. You almost made me cry, I'm so happy to hear that :D! But I'm not exactly "new" player, just noob :).. I'll do my best to make PPPs and whip. So, what are we waiting for? Set up new thread to us, Capitano! Finnish Team is unstopable!! Hooray!!

Sorry to disappoint you guys but I think I'll retire. At least for now. This was actually my first succession game, so this was all pretty much new to me. Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy this play mode as much as I thought it would. Maybe I join another game later, but for now I'll go warm the bench.

All that being said, we did a good job and kicked ass. Well played. I understand better how people pull off these victory dates now that I've witnessed one first-hand (and even played in it). Thanks, everyone.

P.S. I can always lurk.

But I'm not exactly "new" player, just noob :)
By new players I meant someone who didn't participate in this game.
I'll do my best to make PPPs and whip.
I can help you with the PPP, but you also have to stick to it. I sometimes get the feeling you don't remember what you should be doing and that you forget the economy when at war. You need to be able to handle everything to do well. :) I know it's not easy, the game is complex.

Before your set, I said only one more whip and then wealth. What you did was whip everything down (even HE-capital, which wasn't really meant to be whipped at all). It didn't matter, because the game was completely won by that point. You also didn't gift the Inca cities back, which was one reason our economy was in ruins. You do know how to do it, right?

Sorry to disappoint you guys but I think I'll retire. At least for now. This was actually my first succession game, so this was all pretty much new to me. Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy this play mode as much as I thought it would. Maybe I join another game later, but for now I'll go warm the bench.
Sorry to hear that. I think this was the first succession game for everyone and considering that, things actually went pretty smoothly.
All that being said, we did a good job and kicked ass. Well played. I understand better how people pull off these victory dates now that I've witnessed one first-hand (and even played in it). Thanks, everyone.
Glad to hear that and thanks for playing.

Top Bottom