suomipeli

T164
Spoiler :

So, at the beginning of the turn our economy is -28:gold: per turn. Opened borders with everyone (couldn't with Mehmed since he's angry at us), and sold 3x spices for 29:gold: per turn total. +11 :gold:pt now, 39:gold:pt difference. Proceeded to whip everywhere where possible which of course loses some :commerce: so at the end of the turn we are @+1:gold:pt. Btw, Robert, why are there several trebs sleeping in the capital? :smoke: I think we should move them somewhere. :cool:

Here's a good exercise. What trades should you do? Note that Sury is at +0 diplo and the reason for not giving us paper is "we don't like you enough". He won't give world map until friendly either. (edit: realized that's because his relations to our vassal matters.)

Spoiler :

Sold compass to Sury for 120:gold: (practically free money) which also bumped him to pleased. Then MC+music (everyone else had MC, only Mehmed doesn't have music, so we should make sure WE give them for him in exchange for something before someone else reaps the profits) for paper.

Then sell Washington drama (everyone else had it) for 40:gold:+world map.

Sell Mehmed music for 70:gold:. Why not?

That's 230:gold:+ full visibility on everyone's cities for obsolete techs.

Robert, do you now have a better understanding on what kind of trades you should be doing?

After the map trade, our caravels are redundant and only costing upkeep, so I deleted them.

edit: Robert, did you really spend a turn to switch out of state religion? :smoke: It wasn't completely useless though, as without it, trades would have been more difficult to get (but doable with some gifting). Guess we should switch out of organized religion too, then.

edit2: ah now I think I get it, you got into strike!! (which was easily avoided with selling resources...) So to avoid strike, you revolted into something... Well, kinda good thinking, but strike loses only one unit while revolting loses the :food: and the :hammers: for the entire empire for one turn, which is much more than 80:hammers:.

T167
Spoiler :

We now have a supermedic chariot, named after our first victim.

Despite my nagging that we haven't been whipping hard enough, our army is not exactly weak. :)

First wave is already on the way and we can declare on Sury (and land next to his capital) in two turns if we wish. We are lacking galleons as expected so a big chunk of our army is waiting. :cry:

Too tired now, will continue tomorrow.

Attachments

• Team Suomi AD-1070.CivBeyondSwordSave
    231.6 KB · Views: 189
Its Sampsa's turn, cause I got skipped last time, I couldn't play last weekend. Capitano and Jouzou played their turns and then I was able to play. ->Sampsa's turn :D! Good luck! EDIT: Oops, seems like he played already. I check the posts.

Good job! Sury is gonna get crushed. But the trades... WHOAH!! That was epic change! It is clear that I have lost too much gold in all my past games.. AWWW :cry:!!

Hi! I've been away for past two days. Something happened here? No one has sent even a post here while I was away...

I'm a bit confused who's up next. Surely not Sampsa since he just finished a set? Maybe Sinimusta since there are 4 of us now and we (me, Robbe and Sampsa) played one set each after his last time.

Sampsa said that he would continue so I was waiting for him. Sampsa have you finished your turnset?

Have not finished. Sorry for the delay, planning to play tonight.

Haven't played (= I've only played T164-167) and I don't want to stall the game. If next player wants to play it's ok. Win isn't further than ~30 turns away if we play wisely.

OK, Sinimusta can play. The playing order is totally broken now. El Capitano hasn't played for a while, so go ahead!

I'll play tomorrow. Rough plan: Land troops near Jashodapura, get the GLH and press on towards angkor wat.:ar15: Galleons will get another stack coming which shall land near harilaraya. This way our armies will stay north ready to attack incas northern cities and be closer to the ähläms and yankees.

Builds will be simple: whip out army and navy.

At this point, AIs will likely bend after taking 2 cities. Try to be efficient at war, capitulating them asap and starting the next war asap (= take only coastal cities from Sury). I'd keep the GLH-city, others don't matter, gift back or keep. I think we should start producing galleons on the west coast and take another route towards Washington.

In short I got the Khmer capped. First I took Jashodapura losing one treb and then marched towards Angkor wat. Meanwhile our navy brought reinforcements to capture harilaharaya and Rajavihara. I noticed that we have perhaps even too much siege compared to our mop-up troops, since khmer had just so many troops in angkor and harilaharaya that it delayed their capture with one turn. Well reason can be also my preference to take the more modern trebs over the ocean rather than outdated vultures.

Meanwhile I started building navy on the west coast and now we have couple of full boats close to America's coast. I'm not sure whether we should try our luck and attack America now or gather more troops and move them towards Mehmed's borders. We could get New york I think but we don't know how big reinforcements Washington might get. America by the way got attacked by Mehmed.

Our economy is going down the drain but it doesn't really matter anymore. :D

I also farmed one of the western galleons to navigation for faster convoys and named him Nordenskiöld.:)

Spoiler :

Patteristo, TULTA!

Spoiler :

Ooh shiny! Not that it matters anymore much but when it comes to conquering wonders, I feel like a collector, gotta catch them all.:mischief:

Spoiler :

The alien-face bows before us! :king:

Spoiler :

And gives us all resources we don't have.

Attachments

• Team Suomi BC-1840.CivBeyondSwordSave
    251.9 KB · Views: 216
*Evil laugh*. That Sury-E.T. kneels in front of the kings!! Good job! That Yasodharapura is cool! Gift the others away. Sury might be helpful ally. So, who's next? Washington?

I'd at least whip those cities down before gifting.

Next target: our main army is close to inca borders, so I think we should attack them next. However, we could simultaneously attack Washington too. Also wash has one city close to Rajavihara, so if that and new york are taken he might cap. Though that city is a bit off the road. Also I'd like to know what kind of reserves he has, I was stupid enough to leave our troops going towards america without proper stack def.

Other plan I thought would be kill inca now, then go for Mehmed and finally for America. I think Mehmed will send most of his forces to east so we can stab him and face weak defenses.

Great, we are finally getting somewhere. :) Captain, who is up?

To me, it looks like we have a new cycle going here, which goes something like this:
- RobertFin
- Sampsa
- Sinimusta
- Jouzou

which would mean I'm up next. Everyone OK with that? I could play today. Although I don't have much of a plan beyond rallying the troops and attacking the Inca. I agree with Robert about keeping the GLH and giving the rest back (after whipping, of course). With luck, we might be able to extort Guilds in a peace deal and add knights to our army. Many of them wouldn't get to the frontline in time - true - but they're still powerful units.

Haven't opened the save, but: imo whip HAs in Khmer lands (military police too if needed, whatever is cheapest and available (chariot?). No buildings whatsoever. HAs simply because they are fast and better at catching workers. If/when we have workers, chop (it actually beats improving tiles at this point).

In homeland, keep whipping everywhere (except HE capital) and sending more troops. We can attack Mehmed from galleons (after landing obv), right? From what I understand, it's best not to have many wars going on at once as it makes them resist the capitulation. Optimally capitulate someone and declare on the same turn to someone else. Mehmed and Wash are at war, right? It's great for us.

Top Bottom