TCIT - 12200AD - Wed, June 27th, 8:00pm EDT (0000GMT - June 28th)

Coppertown
Build Queue: Build Granary -> Re-enter Wealth or build military units

Rheims
Build Queue: Finish Courthouse -> Confucian Monastery -> Granary

Marseille
Build Queue: Finish Granary -> Forge -> Courthouse

I'm also taking the liberty to give orders for Pisae, noone did last time.
Pisae
Build Queue: Finish Courthouse -> Forge -> Market

Worker Assignments
All workers assigned to me should develop the landscape near Marseille and Pisae. Chop jungle from hills and mine and connect the hills (by roads).

Note that I will try to update these orders when final poll results are in, I can't promise that I'll have thetime to do that between the closing date of the polls and the time of the TC.

First off, barbarians:
Near Ainu: Give the Keshik Shock and attack the barbarian axe when he enters our territory
Near EA: kill the archer when it enters our borders

Cumae:
Attack the city with Keshik #4, he should win and Cumae should be ours.
If This poll results in a majority of votes for "Raze it", raze the city.
If said poll results in a majority of votes for "Keep it", keep the city.
If said poll results in a tie between Keep it and Raze it, curse the voters. I don't know how we should decide then, but as the Warlord I'd prefer to keep the city.

Assuming that this poll gets a majority for peace, make peace with the Romans after taking Cumae, taking as much tech/gold from them as possible and move our stacks to the German border near Berlin.
If that poll results in war, keep fighting the Romans, going towards northwest with our stacks.

Now, assuming that peace has been made with Rome, and that this poll had more war than peace votes, declare war on Germany when our stacks are ready to go. Note that the catapults don't need to be healthy, and that I doesn't matter if some units are still not entirely healthy as we'll be able to heal inside German territory while we're bombarding Berlin.

Our units should move straight for Berlin. All units that aren't being used for defence (1 unit / city except for Munich, Ainu and EA) should go there too. Try to move the stack as fast as possible over defensible terrain (hills or forests), and move them to a good attack position, preferably the hill W of Berlin.

You should send all reinforcements towards Berlin, until you're sure that we'll be able to capture Berlin. Then you should send reinforcements coming from the east of our empire (EA/NotA) towards Essen, while sending the troops from the west to Cologne. All Keshiks should be sent towards the Berlin stack.

If there are any cities leaving production at the Warlords disposal, build Macemen (preferably in cities with Barracks) and some cats (preferably in cities without Barracks) and some Keshiks (in far away cities).

Stop if:
-We are receiving severe German counterattacks, making our plan impossible
-We meet another civilization

I won't be able to make it to the chat as it's in the middle of the night here, but I hope that all goes well, as this could well be the single most decisive turnchat in this game.

Riversight: Build miltary units (macemen)

City 1: Contiue current project and then Dp can decide what to build

Roman Cities, Contiue their current projects and then build a courthouse/library

Workers jobs are left to the DP

EA
Maceman -> Wealth

Ainu
Courthouse -> Marketplace

Workers
EA1 - Finish current task -> Build Cottages on Grasslands within EA's usable tiles.
EA2 - Finish current task -> Build Pasture at Cows (near Ainu) -> Build Camp at Ivory (near Ainu).
though be mindful of the Barbarians when building the Ivory camp.

As per Tech Research, trade for feudalism, then research guilds. If no trade is advantagous, then research feudalism

Rome: After the capture of Cumae trade for peace with Rome, try to get as much as possible from them, our priority should be to try to get Feudalism as that will be useful for our intended tech path. If you feel it will yield better results to end the turn after the capture of Cumae, and then trade for peace feel free to do so (I don't know when they recalculate the AI's willingness to surrender after city capture or at the end of the turn)

Germany: Prepare for war, when our troops are in position declare war. Before declaring war check which trades we can make with Germany, if there is something we can grab there go for it at your own discretion, be especially careful if this trade involves us giving away military techs.

Great Scientist: Found an Academy in EA

Stop orders:
Stop if we meet a new civ
Stop if the war with Germany goes horribly wrong

RL committments have prevented me from preparing detailed instructions, so the DP is free to use best judgement to meet objectives for the southern aimag cities of NotA, Lyon, Orleans, and Paris. I don't have a save to look at and don't know what has already been built, but the objectives I'd suggest are to build courthouses where needed, and a culture building if we haven't expanded borders. Beyond that we just need to keep growing cities up to the happy / healthy limits and produce units the Warlord asks for.

Coppertown
Build Queue: Build Granary -> Re-enter Wealth or build military units

Rheims
Build Queue: Finish Courthouse -> Confucian Monastery -> Granary

Marseille
Build Queue: Finish Granary -> Forge -> Courthouse

I'm also taking the liberty to give orders for Pisae, noone did last time.
Pisae
Build Queue: Finish Courthouse -> Forge -> Market

Worker Assignments
All workers assigned to me should develop the landscape near Marseille and Pisae. Chop jungle from hills and mine and connect the hills (by roads).

Note that I will try to update these orders when final poll results are in, I can't promise that I'll have thetime to do that between the closing date of the polls and the time of the TC.

First off, barbarians:
Near Ainu: Give the Keshik Shock and attack the barbarian axe when he enters our territory
Near EA: kill the archer when it enters our borders

Cumae:
Attack the city with Keshik #4, he should win and Cumae should be ours.
If This poll results in a majority of votes for "Raze it", raze the city.
If said poll results in a majority of votes for "Keep it", keep the city.
If said poll results in a tie between Keep it and Raze it, curse the voters. I don't know how we should decide then, but as the Warlord I'd prefer to keep the city.

Assuming that this poll gets a majority for peace, make peace with the Romans after taking Cumae, taking as much tech/gold from them as possible and move our stacks to the German border near Berlin.
If that poll results in war, keep fighting the Romans, going towards northwest with our stacks.

Now, assuming that peace has been made with Rome, and that this poll had more war than peace votes, declare war on Germany when our stacks are ready to go. Note that the catapults don't need to be healthy, and that I doesn't matter if some units are still not entirely healthy as we'll be able to heal inside German territory while we're bombarding Berlin.

Our units should move straight for Berlin. All units that aren't being used for defence (1 unit / city except for Munich, Ainu and EA) should go there too. Try to move the stack as fast as possible over defensible terrain (hills or forests), and move them to a good attack position, preferably the hill W of Berlin.

You should send all reinforcements towards Berlin, until you're sure that we'll be able to capture Berlin. Then you should send reinforcements coming from the east of our empire (EA/NotA) towards Essen, while sending the troops from the west to Cologne. All Keshiks should be sent towards the Berlin stack.

If there are any cities leaving production at the Warlords disposal, build Macemen (preferably in cities with Barracks) and some cats (preferably in cities without Barracks) and some Keshiks (in far away cities).

Stop if:
-We are receiving severe German counterattacks, making our plan impossible
-We meet another civilization

I won't be able to make it to the chat as it's in the middle of the night here, but I hope that all goes well, as this could well be the single most decisive turnchat in this game.

Riversight: Build miltary units (macemen)

City 1: Contiue current project and then Dp can decide what to build

Roman Cities, Contiue their current projects and then build a courthouse/library

Workers jobs are left to the DP

EA
Maceman -> Wealth

Ainu
Courthouse -> Marketplace

Workers
EA1 - Finish current task -> Build Cottages on Grasslands within EA's usable tiles.
EA2 - Finish current task -> Build Pasture at Cows (near Ainu) -> Build Camp at Ivory (near Ainu).
though be mindful of the Barbarians when building the Ivory camp.

As per Tech Research, trade for feudalism, then research guilds. If no trade is advantagous, then research feudalism

Rome: After the capture of Cumae trade for peace with Rome, try to get as much as possible from them, our priority should be to try to get Feudalism as that will be useful for our intended tech path. If you feel it will yield better results to end the turn after the capture of Cumae, and then trade for peace feel free to do so (I don't know when they recalculate the AI's willingness to surrender after city capture or at the end of the turn)

Germany: Prepare for war, when our troops are in position declare war. Before declaring war check which trades we can make with Germany, if there is something we can grab there go for it at your own discretion, be especially careful if this trade involves us giving away military techs.

Stop orders:
Stop if we meet a new civ
Stop if the war with Germany goes horribly wrong

RL committments have prevented me from preparing detailed instructions, so the DP is free to use best judgement to meet objectives for the southern aimag cities of NotA, Lyon, Orleans, and Paris. I don't have a save to look at and don't know what has already been built, but the objectives I'd suggest are to build courthouses where needed, and a culture building if we haven't expanded borders. Beyond that we just need to keep growing cities up to the happy / healthy limits and produce units the Warlord asks for.

Instructions as of 10 minutes to turnchat

Started out okay, only played a few turns though.

Took Cumae

Got peace with Rome, for Feudalism and his World Map

Spread Confusianism

Declared war on Germany

Germany signed peace with Rome

Discover Germany has Longbowmen

Discover Berlin has City Garrison III Longbowman :eek:

At about that point I figured it would be best to evaluate our options.

I think we should probobly go for it, we've got pretty small chances to destroy the longbowman in any single attack, however we've got enough troops that we could do it, but with heavy losses. The best unit I saw had an 8% chance to defeat the longbowman. After that it's easy Spearmen to kill.

Chatlog

Spoiler :
[19:50] <Falcon02> ******** Turnchat in 10 minutes *******
[19:59] <Falcon02> **** Starting with Build queues
[19:59] <Falcon02> Coppertown
[19:59] <Falcon02> Build Queue: Build Granary -> Re-enter Wealth or build military units
[20:00] <Mike6426> Correct
[20:00] <Falcon02> *** Build Queue changed to Granary -> Maceman -> Wealth
[20:00] <Falcon02> Rheims
[20:00] <Falcon02> Build Queue: Finish Courthouse -> Confucian Monastery -> Granary
[20:01] <Falcon02> *** Rheims Build Queue changed to Courthouse -> Confucian Monastery -> Granary
[20:01] <Falcon02> Marseille
[20:01] <Falcon02> Build Queue: Finish Granary -> Forge -> Courthouse
[20:02] <Falcon02> *** Marseille Build Queue changed to Granary -> Forge
[20:02] <Falcon02> Pisae
[20:02] <Falcon02> Build Queue: Finish Courthouse -> Forge -> Market
[20:03] <Falcon02> ***** 27 turns to courthouse, not adding anything else to queue for now
[20:03] <Falcon02> Worker Assignments
[20:03] <Falcon02> All workers assigned to me should develop the landscape near Marseille and Pisae. Chop jungle from hills and mine and connect the hills (by roads).
[20:03] <Falcon02> **** Noted
[20:04] <Falcon02> Riversight: Build miltary units (macemen)
[20:04] <Falcon02> *** Three Macemen queued
[20:04] <Falcon02> City 1: Contiue current project and then Dp can decide what to build
[20:05] <Falcon02> *** Courthouse will take 30 turns, left as is for now
[20:05] <Falcon02> Roman Cities, Contiue their current projects and then build a courthouse/library
[20:06] <Falcon02> Little non-discript... but okay
[20:06] <Falcon02> Workers jobs are left to the DP
[20:06] <Falcon02> EA
[20:06] <Falcon02> Maceman -> Wealth
[20:07] <Falcon02> Ainu
[20:07] <Falcon02> Courthouse -> Marketplace
[20:07] <Falcon02> *** Done
[20:07] <Falcon02> Workers
[20:07] <Falcon02> EA1 - Finish current task -> Build Cottages on Grasslands within EA's usable tiles.
[20:07] <Falcon02> EA2 - Finish current task -> Build Pasture at Cows (near Ainu) -> Build Camp at Ivory (near Ainu).
[20:07] <Falcon02> though be mindful of the Barbarians when building the Ivory camp.
[20:08] <Falcon02> As per Tech Research, trade for feudalism, then research guilds. If no trade is advantagous, then research feudalism
[20:10] <Falcon02> * .... wish this was a little better defined,
[20:10] <Mike6426> the advantagous part?
[20:10] <Mike6426> or overall
[20:10] <Falcon02> what defined as advantagous
[20:11] <Falcon02> beaker for beaker I think we can do it
[20:11] <Falcon02> But, it looks like we could trade Civil Service or Machinery, both of which are military techs I'm not willing to trade, especially since it looks like we're going to war with Germany soon
[20:11] <Mike6426> maybe for peace?
[20:11] <Falcon02> That's what I was just thinking
[20:12] <Falcon02> I'll look into it when I get to capturing Cumae
[20:12] <Falcon02> RL committments have prevented me from preparing detailed instructions, so the DP is free to use best judgement to meet objectives for the southern aimag cities of NotA, Lyon, Orleans, and Paris.
[20:12] <Mike6426> go for that, if you cannot then (as I said) research feudalism
[20:12] <Falcon02> that was quoted again from instruction thread
[20:13] <Falcon02> so looking at NOTA province
[20:13] <Falcon02> NOTA - Keeping on Wealth
[20:14] <Falcon02> Lyons - Work Boat -> Granary
[20:15] <Falcon02> Orleans - Temple -> Forge (left the same)
[20:15] <Falcon02> Paris - Market (left the same)
[20:16] <Falcon02> Okay queues are done
[20:17] <Falcon02> *- Warlord
[20:17] <Falcon02> Near Ainu: Give the Keshik Shock and attack the barbarian axe when he enters our territory
[20:17] <Falcon02> Near EA: kill the archer when it enters our borders
[20:17] <Falcon02> First part done, second noted
[20:18] <Falcon02> ---
[20:18] <Falcon02> Attack the city with Keshik #4, he should win and Cumae should be ours.
[20:18] <Falcon02> ---
[20:18] <Falcon02> City will be kept as noted in Poll
[20:19] <Falcon02> Cumae Captured - we sack 203 gold from the city, and install a new governer
[20:19] <Falcon02> http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=228505
[20:19] <Falcon02> Poll shows peace with Rome after capture
[20:19] <Falcon02> investigating
[20:20] <Falcon02> ** Starting with demanding all, Monotheism, Feudalism, World Map
[20:20] <Falcon02> ** Rejected
[20:20] <Falcon02> taking out World Map
[20:21] <Falcon02> Taking Monotheism out and putting world map back in
[20:21] <Falcon02> Caesar accepts
[20:21] <Falcon02> We gain Feudalism, World Map, 10 turns of peace with Rome
[20:30] <Falcon02> Missionary used on Munich, Confusianism has spread
[20:31] <Falcon02> *** End of Turn 0
[20:31] <Falcon02> *** Pressing Enter
[20:32] <Falcon02> *** Keshik 8 attacks Axeman who went into Jungle in our territory, and dies :(
[20:33] <Falcon02> *** Keshik 6 attacks Barbarian Archer near EA, wins
[20:37] <Falcon02> Missionary spreads Confusianism in Neapolis
[20:38] <Falcon02> Getting ready to declare war on Germany
[20:40] <Falcon02> No good deal that I can see, he wants 250 gold for Monotheism, or Alphabet
[20:40] <Falcon02> Declaring War with Germany
[20:40] <Falcon02> War Declared
[20:41] <Falcon02> Units moved twoards Berlin
[20:41] <Falcon02> End of Turn 1
[20:41] <Falcon02> Hitting Enter
[20:42] <Falcon02> TURN 2 --- Barbarians attack Ainu, and are defeated
[20:42] <Falcon02> Bismark has Longbowmen
[20:43] <Falcon02> End of turn 3
[20:44] <Falcon02> er... End of turn 2
[20:44] <Falcon02> Hitting enter
[20:44] <Falcon02> Caesar gets Peace with Bismark
[20:45] <Falcon02> Keshik 6 attacks Barbarians Swordsman in our territory
[20:45] <Falcon02> Missionary spreads confusianism in Marsailles
[20:47] <Falcon02> End Turn 3
[20:47] <Falcon02> Berlin's defenses Bombarded down to 0
[20:48] <Falcon02> Longbowman with City Garrison III Promotion!!!
[20:49] <Mike6426> we have no chance against that
[20:50] <Falcon02> Having units heal for now
[20:51] <Falcon02> Can give a maceman +20 City Attack, and he has Cover and Combat I
[20:51] <Falcon02> but he only has an 8&#37; chance as it is right now
[20:51] <Falcon02> best chance is throwing units at 'em right now until he slowly dies.
[20:52] <Falcon02> And Workboat finished, built fishing Net around clams
[20:53] <Falcon02> But, I think Caesar helped Germany more then he hindered him... that City Garrison III Longbow will take alot of units down with it.
[20:54] <Falcon02> after we get through the Longbowman it will be easy pickings (2 spearmen)
[20:55] <Falcon02> I'm contemplating ending the chat though, just so we can concider if we want to sacrifice men to the Longbowmen, or go elsewhere for now
[20:57] <Mike6426> well, the only thing that the warlord said about stopping would be "We are receiving severe German counterattacks, making our plan impossible"
[20:57] <Falcon02> DP always has the perogative to end the chat at his own disgression
[20:57] <Mike6426> but grant said Stop if the war with Germany goes horribly wrong
[20:58] <Mike6426> so the question is, would this be considered "horribly wrong"
[20:58] <Falcon02> --- Playing the Save Act ---
[20:58] <Falcon02> "The game session may last for as long as there are relevant instructions, until a posted instruction says to hold the session or when the DP decides to end the session."
[20:59] <Falcon02> Even if this isn't "Horribly wrong" by Grant's definition I can still end the chat if I think there's a good reason to
[21:01] <Falcon02> And I could go ahead and prepare to send suicide runs against Berlin (which would probobly work) but we'd take lots of losses. And the question is, is that alright with the people, or do we want to alter our goals in this war. right now I'd go for the first, playing it smart to try to reduce losses though.
[21:02] <Falcon02> But I think I'm going to let the people decide on that one
[21:02] <Falcon02> unless you have a good reason I shouldn't
[21:03] <Mike6426> I have no reason
[21:03] <Falcon02> or more appropriately, a good reason to continue as we are with the suicide runs
[21:03] <Falcon02> alright
[21:03] <Falcon02> BACK TO THE FORUMS!
[21:03] <Falcon02> Turnchat is officially over

Whow, I just noticed that we didn't complete Printing Press, like one turn before completion. What the heck is up with that?

Sorry for giving some vague instructions, was in a rush at the time.

Whow, I just noticed that we didn't complete Printing Press, like one turn before completion. What the heck is up with that?

Instructions said Research Guilds... so that's what I did. We did research Printing Press for 1 turn because I missed the switch to Guilds right when we got Feudalism. But then switched to Guilds when I realized the next turn.

If it was my game I probably would have gotten Printing Press, but I follow the instructions.

It wasn't aimed at you, my surprise was aimed at the instructions.

I just realized, I messed this one up... founded the Academy in NotA not EA... :blush:

sorry guys

Not a huge loss NOTA is a good science city and I'm sure we'll have another great scientist down the road.

Top Bottom