• Yes

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
As proposed by the GameCatcher Alliance:
Fanatikou agrees to give GCA Mathematics.
GCA agrees to give Fanatikou Writing.

This trade is to happen on the first turn in which both parties have acquired the Technologies required for this trade.

No Trade Clause
Neither Fanatikou nor GCA may trade any technology acquired from the other party by this agreement to any other nation for 10 turns after receiving the technology.

Non-Voidable
If Fanatikou aquires Writing from another source, it does not void Fanatikou's obligation to give GCA Mathematics upon Fanatikou's completion of the technology.

If GCA aquires Mathematics from another source, it does not void GCA's obligation to give Fanatikou Writing upon completion of the research.

This is the agreement in whole.

Well, yes or no? We'll also have to decide between this one and the 'poly trade

Looks like another GCA deal... Totally slanted in their favor with nothing to protect our interests.

While I am in favor of a trade such as this, I must say that I am opposed to this deal as it is written.

After thinking about it some more, I think we should propose a modified version of this deal. First off, we should strike the obligatory rhetoric concerning our obligation to give Math to them no matter from what source we acquire Writing. That's just hogwash - ridiculous to consider and almost insulting for them to suggest.

Also, I would shorten the limit on trading the received tech. I'd agree to not trade it for the remainder of the current turn, maybe even 1 more following, but 10 turns is slightly extensive and unnecessary.

I agree with 40J that the agreement as it's written is too restrictive.

I think the idea is good, just not the way it's carried out. So basically, I agree with waht 40J and Killer A's have said.

Hell no! This deal is way too binding for us. It isn't a good thing to sign such deal as they have only a slight chance of being good for us. This one is a particularily good example of a deal that shouldn't be signed.

A modified version of this deal: yes
This current deal: no

If they really want to deal with us, they should turn their arrogance level down because it's getting slightly annoying. We always have to comeback to them with a revised version of a deal which they reject.

I would vote for a modded deal. This one could put us in a bad situation. It also stops us from trading with others.

My modifications:
If one of us gets the tech we were going to trade for, we must organise another deal. No war shall be declared between us until this is carried out. (this is just to keep GC happy)

Shorten the no trade clause to the immediate turn of the trade and the turn after

Top Bottom