Tech Tree

Mewtarthio

Emperor
Does anyone have an easily readable graphical layout of the tech tree as we currently know it (in Pre-Release Info)?

I would like to see one too. In the "scanned images" area of the screen shots there is a small part of it but I wonder if anyone has put together the whole tree from what we know of it.

I've seen it somewhere, but it was really small and you could read anything.

i remember seeing it too. the person who joined all screenshots of the techtree into one long tree had even translated some of the unreadable techs.. though i avoided reading too much because it was a spoiler ;)

Moderator Action: VTKC, I merged your thread with this one so it's easier for people to find all this in one place. :)

Thanks VTKC (and Civrules).

That "Tree" is a bit ugly. but it is what I was looking for. Ill keep working on putting mine together. Hopefully I can make one that is fairly clean and easily understandable. (I hate all those line crossings. but I know some are needed)

Sorry CIVRULES I speak very badly English but I make progrés because of your formidable work on civ4.

Yes it's little ugly, but it is only the first version (quite fresh) and especially now people go to be able to make more attractive one

:mad: French is a barbarian language ?

if you are not happy wrote your own !

i'm curently writing a new without line crossing in french/english but i think i dont share it here if only english user comments are :

"ugly", "too bad", "barbarian"...

do you know how many times it take to tranfsert the tech text version in a tree ?

Oh come on, I was just kidding. Ofcourse French ain't barbarian, I even think it sounds a bit too "chique" to be honest ... relax please ;)

But it's a good tech tree and a nice initiative. I understand most things, but not all, that's my only problem for which I blame no one but myself :)
I can't wait for a complete translation and I'd be very grateful ... there are just 10 techs I can't understand really, so it's ok ;)

Ok ... I noticed that some things should not be translated literally.
I like the sound of "chemins de fer" though, "Roads of Steel" ... sound so archaic :D

To defend myself ....
@Soph
I was only saying ugly because of the "Raw" look of it and the line crossings. My comment had nothing to do with the Language. =)

:lol: i know it's a little ugly with all the line crossing ;)

but it's my first version (just made)

Now : my game is arrange the crossed line :crazyeye:

Thanks.

Soph said:
"chemin de fer" is Railroads :)
I got that, but I liked the "Roads of Steel" ;)

Can you translate the following for me please ?
Roue, peche, chasse, tir a l'arc, boussole, optique (optics yes, but i don't think it's accurate enough), imprimery (printing ?), acier, vol spacial (spaceflight i presume or satellites ?)

Btw, when translating it, make sure you have the correct English terms like Rocketry instead of Missile, Mass Media instead of Media, Currency instead of Money, Writing instead of Script, ... :) It could be tricky :)

(there are some spelling mistakes in the French version ;) )

Roue : the Wheel
Pêche : Fishing
Chasse : Hunting
Tir à l'Arc : err... Bow Shooting ? Archer Weaponry ? :scan:
Boussole : Compass
Optique : Optics (?)
Imprimerie : Printing
Acier : Steel
Vol Spacial : Space Flight

Thanks a lot ,now I see the whole picture ;)
Tir a l'arc would translate as just Archery I think. And Printing is Printing Press no doubt :)

Top Bottom