Techweb Affinity Based

Syrkres

Chieftain
With BERT they seem to focus more on affinities, yet the TECH web still seems very messed up compared to the affinity advancement.

So was thinking if you designed the techweb more in lines with the affinity tree.
Would have to re-doll out the affinity gains and with this layout it misses 1 tech node, which I have left out "field Theory". Not sure how to fit that in.

But guess I'm looking for suggestions/thoughts?

There are actually several people who have done this if you want to look at theirs for ideas. One is mine called into the nebula, I have versions posted in the forum under mod development you could take a look at. Machiavelli is also currently getting close to release on one called echoes of earth, also found in mod development.

It's interesting how you started with 8 available technologies on tier 1 rather than 6, more options for the start of the game. Also, what were you going to do with leaf techs?

I knew Machiavelli was redoing the techweb for his project, but thought it was more of a full rewrite, not rearrange. Wasn't aware of any others, will look into thanks.

The leaf techs would fall under their current parent. The only one left out is Field THeory, which I thought about just hanging off center with a very high cost.

The other issues I need to look at are the victory conditions, see how they are spread out with this new break down. For example working Harmony and then having to walk the full tree of both Supremacy and Purist just for victory seems wrong.

But again I really just don't like the way the current web is laid out.

Yeah I hate it too, its just so disorganized. You could always just remove the field theory techs from the game. I personally think there are too many techs with only one thing on them, and this could spread things out a bit. You could do this by setting their ring level to something like 8 and then applying no connections to it.

Its also fairly easy to fix that victory thing. I'm not sure how familiar you are with lua, but you can just copy the victory script for Harmony and change the techs in the script, then set vfs to true in Modbuddy and that would change the techs.

I would also suggest to not be afraid to shuffle some buildings or wonders around, as there are some pretty useless techs, even if they are in a better position.

Yeah, trying to learn LUA and mod'ing so I can modify and make more complex Mods.

What is Mod where you modify techtree, a quick search I couldn't find it.

Top Bottom