1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 1 Nomination Thread - Designated Player Pool

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Democracy Game II' started by ravensfire, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shattered

Shattered Lord of Utopia

i accept the nomination :)

2. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

I got all excited about being a DP and then remembered the chats. If we were doing continuous play where it was a couple turns a day I'd accept in a minute. I have neither the time nor patience to do a ten (or more) turn chat session, so I will decline the nomination.

If you all ever want to try continuous play I'll run for DP.

3. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

For all candidates information:

The current rule on playing the save is silent on whether play is online in a chat, or offline with no chat.

This may cause a reconsideration or two, or it may not. ;)

Also, remember the DP has the option to stop play before the planned number of turns. I for one must have flexibility to limit the duration of a play session based on time instead of number of turns.

4. Falcon02

Falcon02 General

Yes, so long as they're written so that the general population can easily understand the posted instructions... as they should be.

I was the designated player for a few Civ III games. And I did very well.

First experience with this new DP pool system, but people never had a problem with my performance when I was DP in the past.

5. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Troop leader

I accept to be one of the DP, thanks for the nomination.

Do you truly feel that you can capably interpret posted instructions? Please qualify your answer.
    I think my brushes with the English language have educated me enough to understand simple instructions.

If you were a DP in the past, please highlight your successes and challenges.
    Sorry, first time DP.

Lastly, have you ever run for DP and not met the electoral minimum due to your gameplay during the previous term?
    No.

6. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

Didn't realize that. If these rules are still in place next term I might try for a DP slot. Still kinda busy with school and work. Anyway, thanks for pointing this out.

7. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

Yup.
    Success - the massive wars in Civ3DGVII. Oh those were fun! Challenges - no/minimal instructions
    Nope.

-- Ravensfire

8. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Yes

The only big challenge that I had was scedualing a time to plan. As well as determining what to do if there are no instructions provided.

We have all made mistakes, and I am no exception. However, this is a new game with a new fresh start. I intend to start this game with a fresh new start. There is no need to dwell on the past of people's past mistakes.

9. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.