The 999 "Trick"

Originally posted by Chieftess
BTW, this feature is a side-effect of a fix for a certain, probably little known (but game breaking), exploit. I'm debating if I should 'announce' the exploit (mostly because people are still playing MP with PTW).

What is the exploit? It can't be that bad.

I'm not announcing the exploit as of yet. Atleast not until C3C takes center stage a bit more. (there's a lot of PTW PBEM games that are still going on, and I don't want to add in another way to cheat badly.).

Yes PM me about it as well :) I dont PTWBEM

I think this trick only works when the AI is making less than 999 gpt.

In multiplayer you have no control of the other's side (so you cant see their techs, etc)

Further testing by me shows its not "999" at all. Its simply asking for more money than they can make. And I figured out the multiplayer exploit. Jeez how simple. I've even thought of that before.

Originally posted by Hygro
In multiplayer you have no control of the other's side (so you cant see their techs, etc)

Further testing by me shows its not "999" at all. Its simply asking for more money than they can make. And I figured out the multiplayer exploit. Jeez how simple. I've even thought of that before.
What do u mean by asking for more ?
I just tried, and AI shows 492 gpt. Then I offered Iron for 20gpt, it refused it. It would accept only for lousy world map and 2 gold. What the use "999" ?
Btw, thx for the multiplayer info since I dont do multiplayer things.

So what's going on with all the debating....It is a trick to see how muck the AI is making and it helps you get good deals??? So you saying that this is a bad "trick" and think it is an exploit??? And this talking with anouccing that this is an exploit???

Plus PM me why this might be an exploit...or Whatever CT said about this....

If I am WAY...of the topic please let me know..haven't check this in awhile....

Please PM me whay this is an exploit....

Thanks!

First, the 999 "trick" isn't the exploit. Like Hygro said, you can enter in any number. It's just to make it clear how much you can get out of the AI.

So umm...what is the exploit??? Now I am very VERY confused!!!:confused: One thing I am glad about that it isn't the 999 "trick"....:o

Like I said, what is the exploit???

it' be interesting to hear what Chieftess has found out about an exploit. Hope it comes out soon.

Originally posted by truckingpete
So umm...what is the exploit??? Now I am very VERY confused!!!:confused: One thing I am glad about that it isn't the 999 "trick"....:o

Like I said, what is the exploit???

I have no idea, but Cheiftess said that the '999 trick' was a side effect of an exploit that was fixed in C3C. That just leaves me to wonder...

Btw, I was playing last night and I typed in '999' in the area for GPT for the AI, and it displayed '999' on the table. That stumped me because I was thinking that nobody was going to have an income of 999, but I was also thinking that '999' could be the most that could be displayed if you used the '999' trick. But then I decided to type '9999'. It then displayed some number like '1658'. That was the AI's actual income, or what ever the '999 trick' displays. So, in conclusion, if the AI's income is over '999', you have to type '9999' to find out what it actually is. If you type '999' it will just display '999'. But that's only if the income is over '999'. Sorry if people knew about this before. Based on this, I would assume that (if it was possible) if the AI's income was higher than '9999', you would have to type '99999' to find the actual income.

Btw, again, it is also possible to do the '999 trick' to yourself and compare with the AI (just an extra tidbit I thought I'd throw in).

I think u have to type 9999 if they are making over a 1000 gpt.

Look at the post above yours. I explained it in that post.

First, this is truely divine informatio, truckingpete!
Secondly, the "999" doesn't count. It just has to be more than the AI has according to the formula:

As chiftess (the smart:)) said at the beggining, the real calculation is:

AI_gpt = Deal_gpt - RoundDown(AI_gold/20)

This is because if the AI has 100 gold and is doing 10gpt, then he can actually pay 15 per turn, not 10.
10 = 15 - 100/20 ==> thus, the computer will offer 15.

The way to implement it is to to look at it this way:
take the number the "999 trick" gives you, and subtract the AI's gold/20 to reach the real gpt.
Also, when gold is low, the number should be about right!

Walla!

i tested it again, it is your income and i reccomend 9999 because industrial age and beyond u can get more than 1000 income

I believe that the exploit was that in PTW you could negotiate deals with an infinite amout of gold (even if none is available), so if you were about to destroy an AI, you could get 99999gpt from them, and then keep threatening them. I'm not sure if this is true, but it's my guess, because this trick didn't work in PTW. If this shouldn't be posted, feel free to delete this, CT ;).

I'm pretty sure that the exploit is that if you type in 999999999999999 GPT (or as many nines as possible), then comp will accept any deal, no matter what is involved.

I wasn't aware it worked on PTW :confused:

EDIT: I did my research and found out that this glitch was fixed in patch v1.17f...
So I guess that CT is referring to a different one.

Top Bottom