The game hangs

streetdog

Chieftain
Hello guys,
I am sorry to bother you again, but unfortunately I have again problem with c2c save :(
This time i started world generated map and followed the advices from here

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/i-keep-getting-mafs.664847/

This time it is not MAFs, but the game just hangs when i try to change turns. Few turns ago it happened again, then i opened the editor and managed to identify that if I change the production of one particular french city, the problem went away, but now it is back, and couldn't find a particular cause of it this time. I played around with the editor and the terrain, but the problem doesn't go away.
Unfortunately my knowledge is not good enough to try to debug properly.

I'd appreciate if somebody has any suggestions. This must be the 4th game I reach only Medieval age before it becomes unplayable. Caveman 2 Castles hahaha

Attachments

• Yavor Raychev July 1, BC-3758.CivBeyondSwordSave
    7.2 MB · Views: 27
Hello guys,
I am sorry to bother you again, but unfortunately I have again problem with c2c save :(
This time i started world generated map and followed the advices from here

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/i-keep-getting-mafs.664847/

This time it is not MAFs, but the game just hangs when i try to change turns. Few turns ago it happened again, then i opened the editor and managed to identify that if I change the production of one particular french city, the problem went away, but now it is back, and couldn't find a particular cause of it this time. I played around with the editor and the terrain, but the problem doesn't go away.
Unfortunately my knowledge is not good enough to try to debug properly.

I'd appreciate if somebody has any suggestions. This must be the 4th game I reach only Medieval age before it becomes unplayable. Caveman 2 Castles hahaha
Upload user settings too

Here we go.
I can't reproduce the hang even with your UserSettings.
Does your vanilla option differ from mine?
upload_2022-2-24_0-46-5.png

View attachment 621108
Sorta, don't have city governors autobuild and stack attack.
Can you upload the save from the next turn? Maybe the problem will be solved somehow. It has been three days since im trying to get over this problem. :/

Sorta, don't have city governors autobuild and stack attack.
Can you upload the save from the next turn? Maybe the problem will be solved somehow. It has been three days since im trying to get over this problem. :/
Sure, but then you should update to latest SVN, as we break forward compatibility without realizing it much more often than backwards compatibility, because we rarely test new saves on old versions, so we just don't catch it when it happens.
This save is made on latest SVN revision.

Attachments

• Yavor Raychev April 11, BC-3750.7z
    5.4 MB · Views: 22
Lets hope it works, i live currently in Cuba and it has to pass through VPN :D
Since the mod is pretty big, it might be tricky to download the entire mod in the checkout. If it fails again, rather than do the checkout from scratch, you might be able to do a SVN update command on the folder you tried checkout on. If Update fails right away you may have to do a SVN clean-up command and then update again afterwards.
Other than that, SVN is sometimes stable, and sometimes not, so you'll just have to be patient with it.

View attachment 621108
Or another Windows 7 related freeze...

It froze for me
Try Windows Vista SP2 compatibility mode - right click BTS EXE, click on compatibility window, select button with compatibility mode, and there would be Windows Vista service pack 2.

Last edited:
Here we go.
Upload your BTS INI file - its here: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword
And your vanilla settings - its here: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Profiles

Top Bottom