The paomnnehel pweor of the hmuan mnid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you Egnlsih or dsielixc?

Bad grammar is Curt's kryptonite. Beware or we will destroy you with our dangling participles and frequent misspellings.:evil:

Originally posted by CurtSibling
I think it is time we Brits sent an army of spelling-crusaders to the American continent.

To reconquer it in the name of grammar and proper English! :D
In time you will realize that such labors would be to no avail.

Originally posted by CurtSibling
I think it is time we Brits sent an army of spelling-crusaders to the American continent.

To reconquer it in the name of grammar and proper English! :D

This actually isn't such a bad idea... :p

Originally posted by tonberry
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Amzanig huh?

That is quite comforting. For years now I have thought that I no longer read but guess the words based on the shape they make. I am glad that it is a cmomn phneonoemn. :)

:( That's the way I write nowadays if I write by hand. I have no control over my own writing. If I use a computer or typewriter I do far less mistakes. At least in my mothertongue, Swedish. Being dyslectic I kind of made a breakthrough by realizing that I find the correct sounds on the keyboard, not necesserily the symbols, but the sounds.
But the order of the letters don't concern me at all. Today I just look at them all without thinking what they represent and realise that in this specific context they represent a specific word:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom