The Pioneer Build Order - A Real Example

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
Screenshot.png

So I rushed banking in this game, and found a beautiful spot to place a pioneer on. However, with so many things to build, what is the best build order? Here are my thoughts:

1. Lighthouse: With the amount of sea resources here (and to connect my city to the network), seems a solid opener.
  2. Arena: Effective +4 hammers, +2 gold, +1 culture at a cheap cost, hard to go wrong.
  3. Bank? - An interesting one, I'll likely do a lot of investing in this city, so getting science back is solid, but is it really worth so much hammer expenditure this early in a city's history?
  4. Walls: Sweden isn't that far, and now that caravels are coming online, I need to be fearful of snipes.
  5. Castle? - This is dependent on Sweden's posture. If I think he's going to pull the trigger, I'll want a castle.
  6. Amphitheatre: Solid culture at a cheap price.
  7. Armory: A boost to science and production
  8. University: More science!

Chancery: This game I don't have a lot of CS play, and so the chancery is not a big booster, otherwise it would go high on the list.

From there it will depend on where things stand, what wars are going on, and new buildings that come down the pipe.

What do you think?

What policys are you on?
I like to prio hammer > science > culture so Id go arena > armory -> walls
New lodge can be nice to fit in somewhere early because its yields on border growth (or do I remember wrong?) which a new city gets a lot of.

Lighthouse if you need the connection now, its mostly more food you dont really need at the moment but it unlocks harbour.
Bank is nice if you can afford and intend to invest (can you?).
You will need castle if sweden attacks, how late depends on your vision/presence at sea.
Harbour could be useful if it happens.

I tend to prioritize hammers into culture to get the city more self sufficient with expanding its own borders.

Top Bottom