The Preacher Speaks

Stuck_as_a_Mac

Aptenodytes forsteri
A man in rather festive garments, with a rather festive hairdo to match has gathered those willing to listen to a hill to preach his beliefs. Now it is time to listen

OOC: think the Rev. Al Sharpton.

Brothers and Sisters! Or maybe just sister! I'm not sure of our demographics. I come before you today with a vision I have received from the gods on high! Hallelujah! Praise be! In my vision, I saw seven fat cows come out of the Nile! No, wait! That was my friend Andrew Lloyd Webber's dream. What I saw was five pillars of light. Five glorious beacons, children. And they were ours. Each more dazzling than the last. I saw a land free of the need for strife, free of pain, free of suffering. Can I hear an Amen?

A whirlwind moved me from my place on high where I saw these five beacons to hovering above the wine fields of Olympus. There I saw the future unfold before my eyes! I saw a cheiftess lead her people eastward to the land of the mountains and there a beacon was laid. I saw a stableboy take his people northward, somewhere. Where I do not know, but there a beacon was laid too. I saw an oddity, too strange to mention. Singing songs of the devil in a tongue I recognized as that of the Roman savages. He went westward and placed a beacon by the sea. Then some other guy took his people somewhere else. Where, I did not see, as I was blinded by the light of four bright and shining beacons, but the fifth restored my sight and I saw the stars of the heavens above me shining. It was glorious, brothers and sisters. It was the sight of five jewels of the night, five glorious hopes and dreams, connected. There was no need to worry, for these five knew what to do. I was at such a state of unbelievable bliss, my children!

Then, I was swept away to view the so-called barbarian menace. I have seen the enemy, and lordy, the enemy is us. We have no more to fear of them than they do of us. As long as we do not provoke them, they will do us no harm. I understood their grunts. They speak not Greek or Latin or French, but in grunts and groans. And through these I heard them fear us and plead for their own safety. They are not the problem!

So, my children, I leave you with this message: Send forth the settlers. Make my dream a reality and make it so these glorious beams exist. Make it shine so bright, you have to shade your eyes. This is Fanatikos, the land where any kid can grow up to lead a nation. We have the power of Pandora’s Box.

Open it.

OOC: That last bit was kinda ripped off from “Assassins”, but they’re telling Lee Harvey Oswald to kill JFK, not telling people to found an empire. None the less, here are my arguments, in evangelical speech form.

Dunno how you can follow this one, but the Rev may become one of my RP characters here, popping in from time to time whenever I need to sermonize something.

*the "stableboy" takes control of the crowd*

I would just like to say that I agree with what that nice Jewish Reverend :hmm: said. I do believe the menace could be taken care of with just one band of brave warriors instead of wasting our efforts on raising several bands. We should send out our people to build cities and I would really much like to see these 5 beacons. I just have 1 qualm with our good Reverend's speech.

I'M NOT A STABLEBOY. Yes, it is sure MY BEACON will be mostly stables. BUT, I'm the King of the Stables. I have stableboys working for me. They clean the stables every decade or so. My Beacon may not be very clean, but it will still be a beacon. A beautiful shiny beacon. :groucho: Now tell that Chieftess to hurry up and go with here people, so I can build MY BEACON. :king:

*The King of the Stables leaves the podium to thunderous applause and reverence* :worship: :worship: :clap: :clap:

Preacher Man said:
Can I hear an Amen?
Amen!

-- Ravensfire, just grooving with the vibe

Let's pray!

Lets win!
O, great RNG!
Give us Victory!
Give us Gold!
Give us Glory!

The crappy AI will lose!

Give us glory!