The Unity Project: SMAC Factions by lilgamefreek

lilgamefreek

Warlord

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri returns with its characters reimagined for Beyond Earth. Play out the tale of the ill-fated UN Colony Mission: Unity as one of twelve unique leaders. Launched many decades before the Seeding, the UNSS Unity was meant to symbolize a new age of cooperation for Earth's nations. Disaster strikes however, when the Unity's crew is awoken from cryosleep to repair a massive hull breach caused by a meteorite impact. Still months from their destination, the massive and diverse crew must contend with survival on a ship never meant to support an active men, a crippled reactor unable stop the ship from over-shooting its destination, and civil war when the ship's Captain, John Garland, is found dead in his quarters. Be prepared to guide these classic characters on the surface of a new alien planet, contend with old adversaries, and encounter new leaders from a future earth who have arrived on their tail.

"The Unity Project" is a compilation mod of my "Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri" mods. It was originally made to celebrate the release of the 7 original factions, redone with all of the lessons I've learned since I started modding. Since then it has been updated with the human factions from "Side Meier's Alien Crossfire" as I completed them.

The mod also features a secret, 13th faction that allows players to explore the "What if?" scenario of the Unity Project's success. How might the story have unfolded if Captain Garland had survived and completed the Unity's journey? Discover how to unlock the faction by exploring the Unity's Civilopedia page and learning more about the late John Garland.

The Factions

Click on any of the factions for more details on their abilities and story!

Prophet Cha Dawn, Cult of Planet

Captain Ulrik Svensgaard, Nautilus Pirates

Aki Zeta-Five, Cybernetic Conciousness

Foreman Domai, Free Drones

Datajack Sinder Roze, Data Angels

Academician Zakharov, University of Planet

Colonel Corazón Santiago, Spartan Federation

Sister Miriam Godwinson, The Lord's Believers

Lady Deirdre Skye, Gaia's Stepdaughters

CEO Nwabudike Morgan, Morgan Industries

Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, Human Hive

Comissioner Pravin Lal, UN Peacekeeping Forces

Unknown, The Unity Project

Social Engineering, a Culture and Virtue Revamp

Known Issues

There's a serious issue that affects many sponsor mods with custom leaderscenes. The mods can cause the game to crash to desktop when used in conjunction with the default civs. A current fix is to play the game with the leaderscenes set to minimum. In the meantime, modders are investigating a proper fix. You can do your part by notifying Firaxis of this widespread issue.

External Links/Downloads

CivFanatics download page
CivFanatics forum thread
Steam Workshop link

Additional Credits

Editing - TartarusMkII
Art, Design - adapted from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
Captain Garland's Portrait - Self Portrait by Hannah Gluckstein
Lore - adapted from "Journey to Centauri" by Mike Ely and "GURPS Alpha Centauri" supplement by Jon F. Zeigler
Code - utility functions by JFD, modular covert-ops script by Vice Virtuoso
Promotional Material - "Helios Colony Ship" by Jason Tinsley Additional Digital Art by Dirk Kipper and Katase6626; Unity Mission Patch from STS-131 Shuttle Mission.

Hi there, love all the ideas.

I just started a game with
"Academician Zakharov, University of Planet" and couldnt even choose Production, I could mark the city but not open the production or purchase tabs.

I tried to start a game & i could not choose production i even turned off all of my mods except colorful tech tree.

There may be an issue with the copy I've uploaded to CivFanatics. I will try with a more recent update. Thank you both of you for making me aware of the issue. I have not encountered it during playtesting, but if you try the newest version, let me know if you still encounter issues.

The new version features my newest faction The Data Angels. Led by Sinder Roze, they're masters of espionage and of not being humble.

The mod has just been updated with Foreman Domai, leader of the Free Drones. Domai has built a worker's paradise that draws workers from across the planet, but doesn't support scientific research that doesn't have immediate practical uses.

Even with the most current version, I am also having the problem where production does not work, regardless of how many other mods I have loaded. Please help! I really want to play this.

There are a few things you can do to try and help me.

The first thing is to start up the game and tell me the version number. The version number is at the bottom of the main menu when you first load the game.

The second thing is to start up a game with the mod loaded. Start a new game and found a city. Be sure to attempt to open the production menu. If you can then share with me the contents of your lua.log file, it would help my bug fixing process. The lua.log file can be found around the same place as your BE Mod folder, only it's Beyond Earth/logs instead of Beyond Earth/MODS. Lua.log can just be opened with a text editor.

The third and last thing would be to share with me the contents of the database.log file as well. It is in the same location as the lua.log. It too might help with the debugging process.

Could you help me by answering the questions in the post just above you? I strongly suspect it is a version incompatibility. If this is the case, I would also require additional files from your version of the game to help fix the issue.

Thanks for the response! This has been enormously helpful. I don't have access to the mac version files, so if you could help me, I need a particular file.

In the BE's program directory, I need you to upload me your version of Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\assets\UI\InGame\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua

The file may be in a different directory than the Lua.Log file you gave me. This is the case in the windows version for certain. If you can get me this file, I can push a quick update for mac/linux users that will be compatible with their versions of the game.

For extra insurance, you can also give me the file Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\assets\Gameplay\Lua\CovertOperationsSystem.lua

I don't know if there are actual issues stemming from this file, but it is a similar situation to the previous file and I would love to examine it just in case.

Thank you so much for the files! I'll make the needed changes and pack them into the external download alongside the upcoming update, so sit tight and thanks for all the help! I can't guarantee I'll get it right on my first try since I can't test it myself, but once I release the first iteration, I'll make any necessary changes asap.

Hey Skashyap! I just uploaded a new version which contains the files you gave to me in a separate folder. Hope it helps and gets things working for you!

At the same time, the new update includes a new faction, the Cybernetic Consciousness, led by Aki Zeta-Five.

I also had problems with the production (win7 64bit), so what I did is replaced the ProductionPopup.lua with the linux/mac version. And guess what, it worked fine. Just registered to inform you of this :).

Top Bottom