This megacity is mine now!

Callonia

Deity
When this Arid marvel got revealed onto the worldmap.. I started to found a daisy chain of cities until I managed to reach it and dropped 1000+ energy buying it's hexs immediately. Halfway across the world. lolz. Because since civ3 I've always wanted to have megacities that expands from one hex. And in a small way this satisfies my desire.

Spoiler :

But seriously, it took me over two hundred turns of scouring the map for that last fifth alien city.... as it turned out, there was only five mini alien cities with one megacity on the entire planet. Did their spawn rate get nerfed? Or was I unlucky? The last fifth one was hidden inside Huatama's territory which is my ally. lol I charged all the dragoons out as soon as I could and had them explore the north/south pole which managed to reveal the fourth alien city that way. :lol:

Just one thing annoys me. Alien cities is completely untouchable, you can move units into them and do the marvel quest but that's basically it. You can't move your people into them. :( After learning how to make it run and clean the mess up of course. Such an missed opportunity there showed how audacious firaxis was indeed! The +20% combat strength boost is pretty cool but dull at same time. :lol: I wanna play.

I think the latest patch increased the ratio of mini-marvels you need to find vs the number available. Before, you needed to find maybe 3 or 4 out of 9 for example. Now you would likely need to find 7 or 8 of the 9. It makes it more of a race to get them before hostile civs gobble up the hexes.

(Heh...mini-marvels. I think I just coined a term, lol.)

+1 for that desire for a multitile city. I've always wanted to coat my empire in iron and steel, like some sort of primitive Couruscant, and I don't think any game to date's fulfilled that desire yet. (Par maybe Civ4 with cottages, but even then they don't smoothly connect to each other...)

Top Bottom