This mod is unplayable...

VladDaImpaler

Chieftain
has ANYONE been able to finish a full game?
Aside from the numerous times of alt tabbing to always ignore little bugs (no big deal really) i have yet to finish ANY game on this mod.
Constantly, there is one point later in game where it will 100% crash, i load an autosave before that point, continue playing CRASH at the same spot as my previous save... has happened with 3 different games.

This mod has some great things, and some brilliant ideas, but all of it means nothing if i can't complete a single game...

I'm playing with the immigrant mod disabled, custom game, Marathon speed, no barbcivs make minor civs (noticed a huge problem with that mod, the new civs start with units that they don't even have access too [things that require horses, iron or copper] and they start with A LOT of them)

Does anyone else have a problem where they just, can't play anymore? Has anyone completed a full game?
this is so incredibly frustrating, this mod brought me back into Civs, and now I can't finish a single game..

Maybe its just my computer?? (for god knows what reason?)
If anyone cares, I've included the saves, the one Vladimir is at the point WHERE the game crashes (next round or so)
the quick is like 3 turns before it crashes..
*NOTE* immigrant mod has to be disabled [don't know why anyone would want it enabled anyway it seems broken]
======================================================
On a positive note, aside from my own problems, this mod is fantastic, makes the game seem fresh and has features that the original should have had.
I'll be patiently waiting for the next version to come out and hopefully my problems will disappear!

Attachments

• Vladimir BC-0760.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 261
  • QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 243
Mine's the same.

Also getting an "out of sync" error when playing multiplayer that turns up out of the blue late game.

I just don't have the memory to play to the end... I would have to wipe out a quarter of the mods just to finish... Then again I got Vista so... it's not like I should expect the best...

Never even beginned a game.
i will wait when the mod is finished, for traduce it (if stable) cuz it's the best project i think
(so actually i play BAT mod!!)

good luck for the team, adn hope the nice works and great ideas won't drive to something "unusable"!! would be so sad.

The game runs very slow and it keeps crashing. There is also a problem with showing resources with an ATI card. I like the changes, on avg, but the mod just does not work. I guess I will have to wait for more fixes and go back and play Dales combat mod. Civ4 as created is a great let down, and a step backward from civ3. Its play was not very good, except for some of the games you could play in Warlords and Beyond the Sword. :sad:

This is the issue I posted under another thread here today. They are still adding bells and whistles, but I don't think they have ever got it to work. Or at least to the best of my knowledge.

Top Bottom