[C3C] Time- and Turnlimits in the C3C editor

Civinator

Blue Lion
Supporter
I am confused about the exact time when the Napoleonic Conquest in C3C will end, when no special victory condition was met.

In the C3C editor there is the option to set time- and (more important) turnlimits to mods, scenarios and conquests. The handling of those limits seems to be documented very poorly in the Civ3ConquestsEdit.

When having a look into the editor, for this conquest there is a turnlimit of 96 turns activated and the base unit of time is one month. The time scale for that conquest is 100 x 2 timeunits, 25 x 2 timeunits, and 40 x 2 timeunits.

When having a look at the introduction of that conquest, it is stated that (when no other victory condition is met), the conquest will end at the end of 1815 followed by 96 two-month turns. So I think, they mean 1816 plus 192 months (or 16 years) = 1832.

I can follow, that the first 100 two-month turns are reduced to 96 turns and with this setting the last month of the first interval will be December 1815.

But how does Ed Beach come to the following 96 two-month turns? ?

The next intervals are 25 x 2 month and 40 x 2 month. Both those intervals will be enlarged and not limited, even if they are counted together. If each of those intervals is set to 96 two-month turns, there are 192 following two-month turns in the game.

Please explain to me how this turn limitation is correctly working. :crazyeye:

Attachments

• Civ3ConquestsEdit.jpg
    Civ3ConquestsEdit.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Editor Napoleon.jpg
    Editor Napoleon.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 114
  • Game End.jpg
    Game End.jpg
    532.9 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
The 'following 96 2-month turns' part means that there are 96 two-month turns in between the game start and game end, not that there are 96 turns after the game end. Unfortunately this is just another weird quirk of the English language, the meaning being that the end of 1815 comes after 96 two-month turns.

And I'm pretty sure the time scale is just applied to however many turns there are, I'm not completely sure why they even have the extra turns there, maybe for players who want to continue the game after the time limit runs out? Maybe there used to be more turns in the scenario?

So in the end there will only be 96 turns.

The 'following 96 2-month turns' part means that there are 96 two-month turns in between the game start and game end, not that there are 96 turns after the game end. Unfortunately this is just another weird quirk of the English language, the meaning being that the end of 1815 comes after 96 two-month turns.

And I'm pretty sure the time scale is just applied to however many turns there are, I'm not completely sure why they even have the extra turns there, maybe for players who want to continue the game after the time limit runs out? Maybe there used to be more turns in the scenario?

So in the end there will only be 96 turns.

Arexander, thank you very much for your answer. I considered this solution, too. But the original German translation of Firaxis clearly was speaking about 96 following turns (1815, gefolgt von 96 2-Monats-Runden).

Begrüßung Deutsch.jpg

As the German original C3C localisation by Firaxis is full of tons of mistakes and errors, I made a test if the game is ending after the (first) 96 turns with the end of 1815 - and in March 1819 the game is still continuing without an end or a message that it is ending and the points are still counted without a final result of the conquest. So after 96 turns the game is not ending.

March 1819.jpg

I found the problem: In the German biq of the Napoleonic Conquest that I have, the hook for the time limit in the scenario properties was not set, I suppose to adapt the conquest to the wrong German translation by Firaxis in the opening screen of that conquest.

So Arexander, it is as you stated (and I supposed it, too): The Napoleonic Conquest is ending with turn 96 at the end of December 1815.

Top Bottom