[R&F] Tips wanted for an enjoyable (conquest) game.

tab

Chieftain
Hey all. Ive been playing civ since civ 3 (single player) and the only victory that I enjoy is the conquest victory. I really looked forward to the modern era in Civ 5 and make tons of battleships carriers, GDRs and just hammer the AI. In some games i tried to make an AI declare war on me and then decimate them with my finely tuned, war machine churning cities.
What was truly epic was that the AI gave me a fight. Sometimes my cities got surrounded by AI and get bombed to oblivion, I positioned my limited forces in such a way that every battle was like battle of Thermopylae. Resist, Survive, Regroup, Overcome. That was my motto and this excitement in late game was what brought me back again and again to civ 5.
And then came Civ 6.........
This game brought a lot a new innovations, the one i liked the most was the taking districts out of the city center. It made city planning enjoyable. But the entire innovations brought by civ 6 were overshadowed by the catastrophe; namely the AI.
At diety difficulty, only in the early game the AI seems to excel cus of unfair and OP bonuses but the AI is definitely not interested in winning in the late game even at this difficulty level.
There is no direction/strategy to where the AI should attack/defend. In one of my games, i had my entire army at Cyrus's doorstep but the only thing he did about that was to ask me why are my troops here?
WHY? Are you kidding me? Why else would i take ALL of my military and place it on your doorstep?

I ignored his request. After 5-6 turns, he took all of his army and went on another continent to capture A SINGLE FREE CITY! i waited 10 turns for him to capture the city but nope not gonna happen.
I ALT F4ed.

TL;DR. I really want to take this game up again but i cant be bothered to age up to information age just to find out that the AI sucks &$^%. I wanna play this game and i would really appreciate if someone can point out some mods which can improve the AI combined warfare (naval and airforce too) capability.
P.S. Please also confirm whether the AI has improved after spring update.

TL;DR. I really want to take this game up again but i cant be bothered to age up to information age just to find out that the AI sucks &$^%. I wanna play this game and i would really appreciate if someone can point out some mods which can improve the AI combined warfare (naval and airforce too) capability.
P.S. Please also confirm whether the AI has improved after spring update.

Seems to me you've already made your determination and should stay away from Civ6, or only play human players because, you know.....human brain.

I'm afraid that CIV VI AI won't provide a satisfying experience if your level of play is past Prince difficulty. I've tried and I've tried and although I love many aspects of the game, I find its enjoyability is inversely proportional to how good you are at it.

Seems to me you've already made your determination and should stay away from Civ6, or only play human players because, you know.....human brain.
Nope quite the opposite. Im really trying to find something to make the game worthwhile. I really cant go back to civ 5.

Top Bottom