Tipsy Javelin Throwers

gmaharriet

Ancient Crone
A Mayan start I rolled that I probably won't play, but found amusing. :p

gmaharriet said:
A Mayan start I rolled that I probably won't play, but found amusing. :p

As a newbie, why won't you play that? What triggers your decision?

Joe

Probably because AFAIK Maya is well known for rapid growth, and with 4 wine, riverside city, and a goody hut. If it's on an easy level the game is becoming way to simple.

It would be funny if it turns out you were seeing about 35% of your nice new island start.

hrhomer said:
As a newbie, why won't you play that? What triggers your decision?

Joe
No special complicated reason. I use Moonsinger's HOF Mapfinder, and I have hundreds (if not thousands) of good starts filed away. The odds that I'd play any particular one are slim...I just found that one especially amusing. :D

When I use that utility, I ask it to save all starts that have a river, no desert or jungle tiles, and at least 1 of the following: lux, food bonus, or 4+ bonus grass tiles. I find it particularly helpful when I'm trying to move up a level, and at this point I've only had one win on Monarch...with a 2-cow start. I'm not a terribly good player.

I believe it's at Monarch level, Standard Continents, 60% water, temperate, wet, 5 billion years old, 7 random opponents. Can't recall the barb settings.

Maybe I will try it out of curiosity. If the Javelin Throwers begin staggering, I'll be sure to post another screenie. :p

One problem with the start...why would anyone want to leave to settle a new city? ;)

that is a fantastic sdtart!

I bet emissaries in other lands are VERY eager to be sent on diplomatic missions to that Chichen Itza. :)

Top Bottom