Trade units couldn't make routes

gamemaster3000

Warlord
Had convoys in a city but they couldn't make routes. Since I started this morning, took a break, and had the patch somehow drop in the afternoon I was playing on two different versions of the game. So it was probably that, but if not, I could only get the trade routes to work if I didn't move the unit.

Same here. I am in the middle of a game with all Ocean Cities and only had Trade Vessels. After the patch, all my Ocean Cities can make the new Trade Convoy but I go to select where the Trade Convoy should go, there are zero options. All "plus signs" are expanded.

All I could think of doing is uninstall and reinstall the game but that did not help. I have yet to create a brand new game to see if that will fix it.

[Solution] I was able to get this to work but not sure which of my several solutions fixed it:
~ unchecked the Rising Tide DLC box in Steam and uninstall the game; after reinstall the game and recheck the RT DLC box

~ Still in current game, and as each Trade Vessel completes all its turns, I would delete the unit. I waited until all were completely deleted and no more active trade routes. Then started to build from scratch new Trade Convoy.

This is what made Trading work again for my current game.

Hours after patching on my Mac the Spoil of War Nov. 12 patch, the game has the same issue.

Details:
- Game created before patch
- Was able to make and trade with station before patch the day before
- Since then all other cities have trade depot, but trade vessel cannot trade
- Nothing is listed in the trade choice, all sorting with "+" or "-"
- Trade overview shows lots of options to trade among station and foreign cities.

Tried unchecking the DLC then rechecking, not helping.

Perhaps a fresh game is better. If so, having a patch note poping up in-game after patching would help inform not to do that.

Top Bottom