Treasury error - more money than I should have

hucker

Warlord
How can I have 300 gold minus 400 per turn, and have 150 left next shot? This happens in every game I play. I'm always better off than it predicts.

No, I notice when that happens, I get informed in the column of notifications, bottom right.

I'm going to guess your empire is very large, you're not locking down population slots in many cities, and the "governor ai", trying to stabilize your economy, is slotting tiles with more income, like crab and luxuries?

ooh, or you just added amenities, or ended war weariness (net amenities) and the non-sad cities are more profitable again?

It happens every turn. If the AI is adjusting things for me, it should reflect in the reduction per turn. It's worked in every other version of Civ.

My current game appears not to be doing it. I tried starting a test game, but that won't do it either. It must be a combination of things I was doing or options I chose in creating the game which I'm not doing just now. I'll have to see if it happens again later, then I'll save a game so you can watch it go wrong. But it seemed to be happening all the time before, I'm surprised nobody has seen it. Usually something like 400 gold left with minus 50 per turn, but the gold increases slowly instead of reducing. I guess it could have just been lots of banks being built.

Here are saved games from just before I click "next turn" - "test 1", and just after - "test 2". Notice the treasury is about 900-50. Which instead of becoming about 850, becomes about 950!

Attachments

• Test 1.Civ6Save
    805.6 KB · Views: 54
  • Test 2.Civ6Save
    805.9 KB · Views: 64
I looked at your Save File, and I agree with you there is a bug. What happened is that the UI is saying that you have some trade deals with two AI civs that are resulting in a net loss of -86 gpt. However, that is not being subtracted when you hit next turn. So instead of losing 36 gp, you are gaining 50 (approximately). I also noticed that on the city report -> city status screen, that if you scroll to the bottom, those trade deals are not listed.

My question is where is the bug, did you have those trade deals or not ?

I may have initiated those yes. Either when making peace they gave me a city and I gave them resources and money, or if I bought resources for units with money. I don't know how long ago they would have been though. I do notice that on the next turn, they change from 25 turns to 24 turns, so I don't think they're stuck. I believe it's most likely I'm getting away with not paying what I should.

I have a test you can repeat yourself on my saved game. I just gave an AI 30 gold per turn in exchange for a luxury. That deal was then listed with the other two, and counted in the loss per turn, but not taken off on the next turn.

I may have initiated those yes. Either when making peace they gave me a city and I gave them resources and money, or if I bought resources for units with money. I don't know how long ago they would have been though. I do notice that on the next turn, they change from 25 turns to 24 turns, so I don't think they're stuck. I believe it's most likely I'm getting away with not paying what I should.

It has been reported by others that this happens for the AI as well. Where they have a trade deal with others that should be costing them gpt, and so much gpt that they should be losing money each turn, and yet the AI gains gold each turn. You should report to Firaxis, your save file is a good example of the problem happening for the player.

I have a test you can repeat yourself on my saved game. I just gave an AI 30 gold per turn in exchange for a luxury. That deal was then listed with the other two, and counted in the loss per turn, but not taken off on the next turn.
Great! a repeatable result. Looks like a huge bug, and possibly open to a huge exploit.

It has been reported by others that this happens for the AI as well. Where they have a trade deal with others that should be costing them gpt, and so much gpt that they should be losing money each turn, and yet the AI gains gold each turn. You should report to Firaxis, your save file is a good example of the problem happening for the player.

Where do I report it?

Top Bottom