Trying to decide whether to buy Civ 4...

Tyro

Chieftain
Hi guys. I'm trying to decide whether to buy Civ 4. Knowing the answers to some of the questions below would help me decide.

1) Does it have a map editor?

2) Does it use Starforce as a copy protection? (I'm a gamer who boycotts any game with Starforce on it, see link at end of post)

3) How enjoyable is the multiplayer experience?

4) Are there any cheats out there for multiplayer Civ4?

5) Are there any anti-cheat measures for multiplayer Civ4 (e.g. Punkbuster)?

6) Does each game ship with a unique CD key, so that naughty players who get banned, get banned permanently? (Previous multiplayer games like Enemy Territory with no monetary cost associated with getting a CD key banned just invited cheating, IMVHO)

http://www.tgdaily.com/2005/10/01/the_war_on_game_pirates/

Thanks.

From your questions, I'd say that Civ4 isn't the right game for you. It does provide multiplayer, but only as a side aspect.

It does have a map editor. Multiplayer is fun for many people, and boring for many others, whether it's fun for you depends on what you like. I don't know of any cheats for multiplayer - there may be some, but if so, I expect them to be fixed. I won't answer questions to copy protection and CD keys because I actually find postings focusing on these issues a little suspicious.

It doesn't use Starforce.

Top Bottom