Tunnel Route Graphic?

primem0ver

Emperor
How easy would it be for someone to make a "tunnel" route graphic like the tunnels in the old game - Call to Power?

I'd love to try something. Be so kind as to put some pictures here. I played Call to Power, but it's been a long time

btw good to see you are still here

Hi hrochland. Yeah... still here (off and on). Been working with Skyrim for a while and needed a break. I gave up on C2C. While I like many of the features, it is way too in depth for my preference. Stuff like having to worry about every animal captured and figuring out what to do with it drove me nuts after a while. Plus turn times were taking way too long later in the game. I went back to the old mod I helped build because I love it. Genetic Era allowed building "under the sea" cities and tunnels. However the tunnel graphics are railroads... want to change that lol.

Here is a perfect example (from CTP2!). The only difference would be the lack of need for the stilts. I want it to look like it is built on the ground. They won't let me embed it (shows different image instructing you to visit site) so here is the link: https://www.old-games.com/screenshot/6510-9-call-to-power-2.jpg

Something is wrong. Try that link please...
"under the sea" cities... I loved it, but I think it only worked on the vanilla version. Or am I mistaken?

Something is wrong. Try that link please...
Ugh. Yes. What an annoying web site. It blocks all attempts to link to or embed images separately. You have to copy the link manually and post it into a tab. That worked for me.

Last edited:
"under the sea" cities... I loved it, but I think it only worked on the vanilla version. Or am I mistaken?
Warlords. I didn't merge the changes into BtS because I was burned out at the time. I finished my own event engine two months before BtS came out and was very annoyed at the completely incompatible, and in my opinion, inferior engine in BtS. The only feature it had that mine didn't was the ability to participate in the events (which makes sense for SOME events such as plagues). So I didn't even bother.

I have decided that I may try to convert it but in a "new" mod that combines some other mods with Genetic era. However, I am going to take my time because I don't have a lot of it (I am starting up my own business soon while working full time AND going to school to get my masters; Will be done in April and changing jobs this summer. I am also not going to fully commit to Civ since I enjoy other games and don't want to burn out again. However, I will work on it as I have time and desire. I will probably not try to integrate my events engine. Instead, I will either modify the BtS engine to accommodate the features of my own engine, OR I will integrate mine separately (two engines running simultaneously). The reason for this is because BtS only has one basic "type" of event and mine has three different types (random events, location/terrain/conditinal events, and unit initiated events similar to missions such as "World Fair"s and "Olympics" which can effect participant's attitude towards you).

Well, I finally found C2P there, but no picture of the tunnels between the ones on the right. If you have come across other images somewhere on the site, the filters have remained hidden, link the right one please here.

As for the mod, I understand you. I've been making my personal mod for over fifteen years now, there's no one to share it with, and I don't really want to. Every now and then someone makes a request, but since there is no further response, I'm sure that person will take something out, add something, and make their own mod. Today it has a mod number 5.2.4.3. So many minor or major changes. But I've been counting it since vanilla.
I was thinking about civilization 5 or 6, but before I redo everything, there would be an eight.
Also, five and six are too schematic, so I don't enjoy playing them.

Last edited:
@primem0ver next time chose a different way to upload your picture.
Or just save the pic to your device and than upload it here:
6510-9-call-to-power-2.jpg

So these are basically "just" tubes. I'm really curious whether it is possible or not to create 3D route graphics.

Attachments

• 1695796417858.png
    1695796417858.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • 1695796470993.png
    1695796470993.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • 1695796663925.png
    1695796663925.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
LOL. Well it shouldn't be hard to find then if you keep your stuff. Personally, keep everything I make in specific folders.

@Nexus, yeah. I am aware of that (saving and re-uploading). Just too busy to worry about it after trying to address the issue twice already.

No. I usually don't save anything. I have it in a mod, on CF, or I will pass it directly to whoever ordered the model. However, try using this.

Attachments

• SeaLines.rar
    335.1 KB · Views: 8
Wow! That is really cool looking. Not sure the glow makes sense in the water... but maybe since perhaps the tubes could be transparent. Either way though it looks better than the railroads lol. I will check it out. Also... I suppose I could add another route "mag lev" which would also look similar on land.

No link to the original mod? I can't find this graphic in Final Frontier 0.2 (the orginal) or FF+ 1.83. I need the art xml...

EDIT: Ok... found the art xml but the Jumplanes (blue ones) can't be found. I think I like the blue ones better.

Last edited:
Hmm. C2C has similar stuff (never got that far in a playthrough). The problem with the new tubes is that they appear to be above the water instead of below. The "Tunnel" in C2C works better but doesn't have the appearance I'd like. I suppose I could play around with the dds files. The new files also don't work in Warlords(?). Whatever I do with it it seems to end up a railroad.

To use the modified texture, the NiTriStrips or NItriShape properties must be modified. Then it may look like this, but still not, like under water.

Attachments

• tube.jpg
    tube.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom