UI Issue with Building Queue

AlbTroll

Chieftain
If I have the Building Queue check box checked and I start "Producing" one of the four resources at the 25% conversion: Energy, Science, Culture, Food.

The change production button is in-active and I have to un-check (Disable) the building queue before I can change production.

It was done on purpose. There is code written specifically to:
  • Disable the Add to Queue button when one of the maintained-production items (build culture/science/food/energy) are in the queue.
  • Remove the Move Up button from the maintained-production item so it will always sit at the bottom of the queue.
So it's not a bug, rather a design decision to limit what we can do with the build queue.

IMO when we're currently producing a maintained-production item, we should still be able to add to the queue, but this time the add-to action should automatically adds items in front of the maintained-production item.

For example, when we have (1) Worker (2) Soldier (3) Culture; then clicking Add To Queue and adding a Trade Depot should change the queue to: (1) Worker (2) Soldier (3) Trade Depot (4) Culture.

Top Bottom