Unable to link 2k account now

terriergal

Chieftain
So i was playing with the updated Julius Caesar that you get for linking your 2k account, and went to start a new game as him and it would not load. Had to manually close app, reopen, Caesar is reverted to the old Caesar. Reinstalled everything, and now the link your account to 2k account button just clicks and never actually lets me log in to my 2k account.

(Update) a few minutes later it worked when I AGAIN closed and reopened the app… very strange. Well, problem solved I guess? But why did it revert to the old Caesar in the first place (before I uninstalled and reinstalled)

Last edited:
Can you please point me in the direction of how to link Civ VI on the Mac to my 2k account?

There doesn't appear to be any tech support from Aspyr, and 2k say they can't help ...

Thanks in advance.

I should probably add that I bought Civ VI via the App Store (rather than Steam or Epic).

I should probably add that I bought Civ VI via the App Store (rather than Steam or Epic).
I don’t have it on my Mac, I think I can just download it there as well once I’ve paid for it on iOS —?

but I imagine it would be the same, if you don’t have a 2K account, you have to create one first. then you open the game and that button in the DLC area that talks about connecting your 2K account and it should pop up a dialogue where you put in your credentials to verify the account. (I’m going by memory here.) I didn’t have a 2k acct and could have sworn I did… but that was me remembering haha so that was at least part of my initial confusion. but even after that the response was iffy and didn’t seem to work without several uninstall and reinstalls then closing the app and reopening. I will give it a try on the Mac or see if my hubby can connect his, and post here if I have any better luck.

Ok I noticed I can’t connect my 2k account on my phone app. The button is there but it says it cannot establish a connection and it doesn’t offer me to enter my credentials at all. I don’t know if they’ve disabled it for the phone app or what but I don’t see why if they are allowing it for the iPad version.

It is not the same app on the Mac so it doesn’t show that I’ve purchased it and I’m not going to re-purchase it for that. Unless they make it dirt cheap for me 🤣

Yes, my iPad is still linked so the only thing I can say is that you have to make sure everything is downloaded and then restart the app before things actually will work. remember that with a Mac, closing the app is not as simple as just closing the window so you possibly have to go through the extra step to actually shut the app down from the Apple menu. I’m still not sure why the iPhone app won’t though. Since all of my purchases in game carry through my iPad and iPhone.

So was your original issue with trying to link Civ VI to Game Center and the 2k account on the Mac iOS?

There is actually a fix for making the linkage on iOS, discussed on one of reddit forums, and I WAS able to get that to work.

But I’m still baffled about trying to replicate the process on the Mac OS for my desktop Mac.

Yeah it was sorry - i haven’t done it with MacOS because I primarily use my iOS devices to play, and then i would have to repurchase it all for the Mac. Maybe some day…. Im sorry i wasn’t able to be more help

Top Bottom