1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Understanding FFH Terrain

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Strategy & Tips' started by phizuol, Oct 27, 2009.

1. torsoboy

torsoboy Chieftain

Do deer also turn into nightmares in hell? Or frogs even? Or do they remain deer?

In my current game, Hyborem spawned right to the uninhabitable North of my civ, and I was waiting forever for that deer tile to become a nightmare before I banished Hyborem. It never did change - AC counter apparantly never got high enough? Eventually I had to crush Hyborem before someone else did.

2. Demus

Demus Chieftain

march can be scorched (fire 1 spell i think, or sun 1, not sure tbh) to become grass.

3. Emptiness

Emptiness []

Marsh can't be terraformed. It can change to the Hell version, Shallows, which is otherwise functionally identical. (Well, Lizardmen don't get movement and strength bonuses in Shallows, but that probably doesn't matter very often.) (Edit: Actually it looks like Shallows doesn't have the movement cost penalty of Marsh.)

There are mods and modmods that allow Marsh to be terraformed, but in base FfH2 they cannot be changed.

Deer and Fur remain the same on Hell terrain.