Unit Request: Sarmatian Horseman

Cimbri

Deity
Most revered unit masters. :worship:

I hereby humbly request that the following unit might one day be made.

A Sarmatian horseman:

The picture is snatched most foul from Osprey Publishing.

These Indo-Iranian boys rode around and ruined many a day for Romans, Scythians, and whoever else dared disturb them. The heavy knight-like rider here was armed with a very long lance and some also used bows. A full charge of Sarmatian knights was an unpleasant event indeed.

If you complete this unit, I shall sacrifice a thousand bulls in your honour. :salute:

While we’re at it… Would it be inappropriate to request this chap below? An Eastern-European spearman. Could be used for Russians, Scythians, Cimmerians, Sarmatians, Thracians, Balts, Germans, etc.

Attachments

• Kimmerian or Scythian Auxilia.jpg
    Kimmerian or Scythian Auxilia.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 19,715
This (a Scyth/Saka/Sarmatian horseman) was almost what I requested on the deli-line. I thought this had a better chance of otherwise getting made some day than did the Zulu horse I ultimately chose.

The next, logical, step in deli-linism would be the formation of voting blocks to tilt the odds of a particular unit getting made. Of course, the anarchic back-fighting characteristic of the hoi polloi virtually guarantees that such will never happen. For myself, I remain committed to the pipe-dream that I will one day acquire the time and software to make a unit like this myself "some day".

- Redking

Hot diggity damn! I concurr on both of these fine requests!

Kryten made the eastern cataphract for exactley this purpose (well, the parthians and the Sassanians, and the armenians as well, but skyhtians/sarmatians/alans are right up there)

*Pity Bump*

Krytens unit is nice, and I do use it for my Parthians, but alas it lacks the characteristic Spangenhelm, the scale armour, the overall ‘dusty steppe’ looks a Sarmatian horseman should have.

Amen to both of these requests, wholeheartedly!

personally i like the version i the new King Arthur movie...that was sarmatian right? one of them S words, they look similar....anyways i would certainly like to see this unit made

Sarmatians eh? Beats me, haven’t seen it. But it is plausible that some of his ‘knights’ were Sarmatians. The Romans did in fact plant a small warrior-colony of Sarmatians in Britain (in the fifth century AD I think).

Besides most of the natives, not to mention the arriving Angle & Saxon tourists, did have problems telling one end of a horse from the other. :mischief:

But just look at him. The confidence, the lance, his warhorse, his cool cone-shaped helmet. This guy practically looks as if he could take on the whole of the Roman Empire himself.

Top Bottom