1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit specific promotion set

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Countbuffalo, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Countbuffalo

Countbuffalo Chieftain

Hi, I'm working on a mod project and I want to create some promotions that only the Unique Unit can get, I've finished my promotions, how would I ensure that only the Unique unit can get these promotions?

2. Troller0001

Troller0001 Not an actual Troll

Give your UU a unique promotion, say PROMOTION_DUMMY, which states that "it can earn unique promotions" (for example). PROMOTION_DUMMY acts as a 'flag' or 'marker' (where it does nothing combat-wise), but can also have some effects itself (think in terms of the XML-tags). You then make sure all your unique promotions require a unit to already have PROMOTION_DUMMY, in the same way PROMOTION_SHOCK_2 requires a unit to already have PROMOTION_SHOCK_1 before it can be chosen.

EDIT: Make sure that you don't have the <CannotBeChosen>-tag set to true!

3. Countbuffalo

Countbuffalo Chieftain

Oh yeah that's clever, didn't quite think of that. Cheers.