Unit tweaks

Dark Myrmidon

Chieftain
Hey guys, I'm usually a competent programmer, however I don't like digging in game files where I can accidentally mess stuff up. I was hoping I could get some help on a few tweaks I wanted to do to some units...

1) The Roman UU is called the Praetorian which irks me because it's historically inaccurate - I want to have it referred to as the Legionary. I don't know how that would work with the Civiclopedia though...

2) The Greek Phalanx and the Spearman switched graphics after BTS - How can I switch them back?

1)-open Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML\Text\CIV4GameTextInfos_Objects.xml

-find the "TXT_KEY_UNIT_ROME_PRAETORIAN" entry

-change the <english></english> value from "Praetorian" to "Legionary"

-open Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML\Text\CIV4GameText_Civilopedia_Units.xml

-find the "TXT_KEY_UNIT_ROME_PRAETORIAN_PEDIA" entry

-edit the text to suit your historically accurate sources

2)- open Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\XML\Units\CIV4UnitInfos.xml

-find the "UNIT_GREEK_PHALANX" entry, change the <EarlyArtDefineTag> value from "ART_DEF_UNIT_GREEK_PHALANX" to "ART_DEF_UNIT_SPEARMAN"

-find the "UNIT_SPEARMAN" entry, change the <EarlyArtDefineTag> value from "ART_DEF_UNIT_SPEARMAN" to "ART_DEF_UNIT_GREEK_PHALANX"

oops...also, if you are afraid to muck things up....start by copying the files you need to edit into your custom assets folder and edit the copies(remember to place them in the approriate directory structure..ie: xml\text or xml\units)

Thanks dude! I looked through the XML briefly and figured that might be it, but I figure it better to ask than to risk mucking things up. :goodjob:

Top Bottom