Unit Upgrades

ComradeKristov

Warlord
This module fixes what I consider to be a base problem with RoM dead ending units, and units with no prequist that should have one. Also other little things I changed that I thought didn't make sence. The light version is just with the upgrades and name changes to non unique units.

-All unique names not associated with unique units have been changed to default names
-Airship->Bomber
-Sea Plane->Early Jet
-Spies upgrade, spy->agent->special agrent->nanite spy
-Guerillas upgrade to mercenary infantry and mercs only have 5 gold per turn cost
-AT Infantry->Space SAM
-Light AA->Flak 88
-Modern Marine->power armored infantry
-Infantry upg to SAM Inf,Modern Inf,Marine,Paratrooper,& Flamethrower
-Cannon->light artillery->Mobile Artillery
-Caravel->Frigate
-Attack Sub->Nuclear Sub
-Fighter Bomber->Jet Fighter,A 10 & 50%vs wheeled & Tracked

-I made it so that privateers require sulfur, I thought it was game breaking that you could build privateers but not frigates without sulfur.
-Newer naval units are better against earlier units.
-Flak 88 35 Strength & have 50% bonus vs wheeled and tracked units like real life.
-Halftrack 50% vs gun
-Nuclear Sub carries 4 missles,Stealth Sub 5,Fusion Sub 10
-Transport only req screw propeler, I was tired of seeing the galleon until mid industrial
-Jet fighters have bonus vs. helicopters
-Reduced cost of missle units, v1 60Hammer,Guided120Hammer,Percision 250Hammer,Biological75Hammer
-Power Armored Infantry, march & blitz promotions, 50% vs GUN

Install both files into this location:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules

Attachments

• Unit Upgrades.zip
    10.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Unit Upgrades Light.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 65
There is a problem with the light version. I looked at the unit infos file in an xml editor and there are mismatched tags. Also I don't know if it is important or not but the standard is to use all capitals in the UNIT_ names where as you have a mixture of upper and lower case in places.

Edit: You have missed the end tag ie </UnitInfo> on
Code:
			<Class>UNITCLASS_STEALTH_FIGHTER</Class>
			<Type>UNIT_F117</Type>

Top Bottom