Using catapult/trebuchet/cannon/artilleri

henricsson79

Chieftain
Hey All, Martin från Sweden here.

I'm a pretty die hard civ1-player, playing in from time to time over ~20 years.. :)

Now I'm feeling like a n00b. How do you use theese weapon in offence? I just tried the V this afternoon and have been playing pretty much since then. Nice game! :)

Hey All, Martin från Sweden here.

I'm a pretty die hard civ1-player, playing in from time to time over ~20 years.. :)

Now I'm feeling like a n00b. How do you use theese weapon in offence? I just tried the V this afternoon and have been playing pretty much since then. Nice game! :)
Hey,

and Welcome!

You have to set them up prior firing. It's the topmost button on that left-side command panel for units. After that, it works much like an archer!

Hey,

and Welcome!

You have to set them up prior firing. It's the topmost button on that left-side command panel for units. After that, it works much like an archer!

Thank you!

I believe I'd tried that. I'll try again after work. :)

EDIT
I made it work once (fluke) on a unit, not city - I have no clue how and I don't think I did set it up before.
How close to target do I have to be with artillery/cannon?

Thanks in advance.

you can shoot 2 hexes away with most ranged and artillery units. A few of them reach 3.

There are obstacles tho. You can't shoot over forest or hill if you are on low ground for example.

you can shoot 2 hexes away with most ranged and artillery units. A few of them reach 3.

There are obstacles tho. You can't shoot over forest or hill if you are on low ground for example.

Thanks.

Ahh, i didn't think of that! Man, I can't wait to get home. :)

Artillery and rocket artillery actually fire 3 hexes away...
They kick butt once you have them
Surprisingly enough, the English Long-bowmen apparently have the same range as rocket artillery and more than cannons... seriously? :confused:

Artillery and rocket artillery actually fire 3 hexes away...
They kick butt once you have them
Surprisingly enough, the English Long-bowmen apparently have the same range as rocket artillery and more than cannons... seriously? :confused:
Yup, but if we'd have artillery shooting 6+ hexes away...

Edit: (Facepalm) Sorry for double post.

You can't fail with these instructions:

Attachments

• Artillery.jpg
    Artillery.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 1,291
PS Battleships also fire 3 hexes away (at least I think they did in my last game vs. Egypt? they were out of city bombard range and bombed the heck out of Thebes)

PS Battleships also fire 3 hexes away (at least I think they did in my last game vs. Egypt? they were out of city bombard range and bombed the heck out of Thebes)
IIRC they do need promotion for the 3 hex range. At least destroyers did...

And have fun playing, henricsson79

Top Bottom