V91 Portugal

simplicissimus

Chieftain
I played a game as Portugal and it was one of the best games I had for so far now although the RPV-Points are bugged. I got no points for explored coastel hexes as well as for trade routes to non-european cities:

Port.jpg

When I spawned England has already collapsed and London was under Dutch control. Russia and India seemed to have been destroyed by the huns as Moscow and Dehli were razed.

Soon Spain conquered Bordeaux and the Germans took the rest of France and afterwards Amsterdam and London. Spain became unstable an collapsed. As Arabia was establishing slowly a religious domination I "liberated" Madrid as the holy city of catholcism (owned by Independent Cities) so Spain would build up a strong religion that would be able to withstand the Arabian missionaries so I would be able to focus on my colonial empire and my economy and because Germany as owner of the holy city of Protestantism (Berlin) never had any ambition to spread their religion but were much more successful in getting close to a RPV-Victory (950 points - see Screenshot!) when conquering Madrid in the meantime. I was also busy colonizing most of Africa and empty India. As the Feitoria give me city-states luxury-ressources I didn´t need any money to befriend them. I spent the money on settlers as portugesean production is not really competitve to e.g. Germanies or Spains. At one point Arabia - until that time a friend backstabbed me and in a long war I was able to conquer Mekka with my superior fleet to collapse them and "pick up" the rest of their empire rather easily.

Germany, always being in the status of collapsing, had some problems as England and the Netherlands declared independence. I made defensive pacts with them to protect them from Germany as meanwhile they denounced me although I was always "friends" with them through centuries. In several wars I liberated all of Europe leaving Germany only with their core-cities Rostock, Stuttgart, Berlin and Kauen. The Ottoman empire tried to take advantage and attacked Germany but they stood their ground only with 2 or 3 rocket artilleries and a few anti-aircraft units against a mass off Ottoman riflemen, Sipahis and canons. Class over mass and a massive massacre!

Over all the Game is developing pretty cool and is getting more fun with every version as it is improving a lot! I also played a game with Rome in V91 bu had more or less the same experiences as Mezzy.

Top Bottom