"Variable Out Of Sync" related to every UI Code issues

Cat-du-fromage

Warlord
I'm currently facing a big problem of sync when making a mod using button.

It seems in multiplayer all fonction using a registerCallBack do not sync when using by someone other than the Host.

it causes desync and everything made by the function is cancelled.

Is this normal?

here is a sample of the code:
Code:
function OnLiberateColonyClicked( cityID )
    local player = Players[Game.GetActivePlayer()];
    local pCity = player:GetCityByID(cityID)
    Controls.ConfirmLabel:LocalizeAndSetText( "TXT_KEY_COLONY_CONFIRM_LIBERATE", pCity:GetName() );
    Controls.Confirm:SetHide( false );
    Controls.BGBlock:SetHide( true );

Controls.Yes:SetVoid1( 0 );
    Controls.Yes:SetVoid2( cityID );
    Controls.Yes:RegisterCallback( Mouse.eLClick, OnYes );
end

function OnYes( type, iValue )
    Controls.Confirm:SetHide(true);
    Controls.BGBlock:SetHide(false);
    -- Liberation
    if( type == 0 ) then
        ColonyLiberation( iValue );
        MaybePeace(iValue)
        OnClose();
    -- Apply Tax Change
    elseif ( type == 1 ) then
    local iPlayer = iValue
        local iTaxRate = PercentToTaxValue( Controls.GeneralTaxSlider:GetValue() );

GeneralTaxeTIMER(iPlayer, iTaxRate)
        OnClosingOK()
    end
end

function ColonyLiberation(cityID)

local pPlayer = Players[Game.GetActivePlayer()];
local eCity = pPlayer:GetCityByID(cityID)

local pColonyX = eCity:GetX()
local pColonyY = eCity:GetY()
local plot = Map.GetPlot(pColonyX, pColonyY)
local pCity = plot:GetPlotCity()
    if PlayerRebelCity(pPlayer) ~= nil then
    local pRebel = PlayerRebelCity(pPlayer)
    pRebel:AcquireCity(pCity, false, true)
    else
    Game.DoSpawnFreeCity(pCity)
    end
end

Log here:

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    86.7 KB · Views: 36
It's hard to say because (a) you are using CBP which completely alters the game engine, and (b) you are running a multiplayer work-around (I assume) in order to have mods in multiplayer for a game that is notorious for not playing well with mods when running multiplayer.

But I think the problem is in using the code in multiplayer, to be honest. In Single-Player "Game.GetActivePlayer()" returns the player ID number of the human player, which is normally player ID # "0", but as I recall in multiplayer games it returns the ID # of the Host, which is usually also Player ID number "0". If anyone else clicks the button in a normal multiplayer game this would be a recipe for instant de-synch because the game is going to retrieve the ID # of the Host rather than the player who actually clicked the UI button. In a hotseat game, as I recall, "Game.GetActivePlayer()" returns the player ID # of the player currently in the "Hotseat".

This sort of problem is then compounded by the fact that city ID #s are shared. Every player's original capital city always has the same ID # so long as they still own the city: once the city is captured by someone else, the city ID # alters to the first available City ID # slot available to that player. So there can be a city with ID # 1234 belonging to player # 0, and another with the same ID # belonging to player #1, and another belonging to player # 2, and so on.

thanks for your reply, i tested everything to make it work but the fact that "Game.GetActivePlayer()" always return the host ID is a pain in the ass......

fun fact some of firaxis base code like move great work from city to city have the same issues , causing a lot of desync -_-

Do you have a tricks to return the ID of the current user of the UI other than "Game.GetActivePlayer()"?

EDIT: I found Events.GameplaySetActivePlayer.Add(OnTechPanelActivePlayerChanged);, using by firaxis for the tech choice (who strangly do not cause desync) maybe is this the key?

Last edited:
Top Bottom