What's with Genghis Khan?

Wlauzon

Prince
Ok.. Large world, 8 civs.

Time is around 1600 AD, I am FAR ahead of all civs for culture, land area, wonders, number of cities, etc etc.

Off in the distance is this pipsqueek Mongol with about half the number of cities that I pretty much ignore, since he is like #7 on the list of 8.

Then he declares war on me, and sends literally HORDES of Cavalry at me, and pretty much wipes me out in about 10 turns. I had 3-5 riflemen in nearly all cities.

So I go back, reload a saved from around 1450 and wait. Same thing - but this time I use WorldBuilder to make about 50 Modern Armor just for revenge.

Or not....

I get to the first one of his cities, and he has over *20* cavalry and about 10 other units in ONE city. OK, I wipe that out finally, next city - SAME thing. Overall, with about 5 of his cities, I lost nearly all 50 tanks and must have killed over 200 of his units.

Now... Cavalry had only been around for maybe 15 turns or so - yet he had close to 100 of them???

What gives? How could he even support so many units? He had almost no buildings but barracks in most cities.

his UU is a horse archer and is cheap to produce and he probably was sitting at low research accumulationg gold

check his financials

Yeah, whenever I play a team that has a horse UU I typically have a lot of Cav or Gunships in the late game. All you have to do is stockpile some cash before the tech comes (or use a couple of Great Merchants, instant Horde).

Genghis Khan is also one of the more agressive AI's, I think. Him and Isabella like to declare war on me, a lot.

the lesson is: unlike civ3, you can't ignore the nation with few cities, they can still be powerful in culture, science, $$$, military, etc

Who'd of thunk it? Genghis Khan acting like... Genghis Khan :lol:

I think his angry because Germany didnt win the Eurovision song contest in 1979 with the song Dschingis Khan :p

I love to play Gengis Kahn, or even Kublai Kahn, when I'm in the mood for an agressive game. It's REALLY hard for the other civs to counter a Keshik rush. They rock not because of their power, but because they ignore terrain penalties ! That is awesome. The first strike is icing on the cake. :)

That was my first experience coming up directly against Genghis, bah..

I might have to change my tactics when he is neighbor.. or keep him really happy with bribes.

Or play as him :mischief:

Top Bottom