What's your favourite music video?

Panda

Metal head
IIRC, we haven't had this discussion yet. :)

My Top 3:

Rammstein: Sonne
An adaption from the Grimm brother's Snowhite fairy tale. The band play the gold-mining dwarves that get abused by a drug-snorting Snowhite.

Nine Inch Nails: The Perfect Drug
A gothic visual masterpiece. One huge, breath-taking surrealistic tour-de-force about loss and desperate, unanswered love.

Slayer: Seasons In The Abyss
Part colour, part black and white, the Egyptian setting looks and feels like H.P.Lovecraft's Ctulhu. With a Slayer soundtrack!

Either Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice" (the one with Christopher Walken) or Tenacious D's "Tribute".

"Rebel yell" by Billy Idol, simply for its horrible fake guitar playing.

Some other good ones are:

"Ich Will" by Rammstein
"Hey Boy, Hey Girl" by The Chemical Brothers
"DO the Evolution" by Pearl Jam

Very hard to say, as with songs. To my mind right now come, also because Rammstein has already been mentioned:

Rammstein - "Links"
My favourite of theirs

Garbage - "Push it"

Pearl Jam - "Do the Evolution"
Which is a really great one

Speaking of cartoon ones I even found "10 kleine Jägermeister" by "Die Toten Hosen" quite nice.

I love Pearl Jam's Evolution, but haven't seen the video. What's it like?

I am ashamed to admit, my top three:

#1 - Sabotage, Beastie Boys. I kill myself laughing every time; it's a perfect representation of watching TV in the late 70s, right down to the cheezy ethnically blurred names like "Cochese." The bit where the guy in the Maple Leaf jacket is getting the boots put to him is a triumph. These men are Caesars :goodjob:

#2 - Express Yourself, Madonna. She just looks so damn hot in that one, and the whole psuedo-marxist undertone is too funny to pass up.

#3 - D.O.A.'s video for... Well, I'm struggling to remember the actual song (never a problem with DOA, they're all good, and also hard to tell apart :D), it's the one with the hockey players in suits beating the hell out of the band. Was it Liar for Hire? Anyone? Whatever it was, it was off their famous "War on 45" Album.

"Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel, "Money For Nothing" by Dire Straits, and "I Ran" by the Flock of Seagulls. The big hair :lol:

R3: The "do the evolution" video by pearl jam is animated. It has the progression of evolution from the simple creatures of the beginning to dinosaurs, to cavemen, to modern times and into the future. It is a very bloody video as one stage usually murders the next (a man shoots another man, a caveman catches a fish) but the video is excellent.

Um... none because MTV and VH1 hardly show videos anymore, so i listen to music on my cassete player, CD player, or on a radio.

Chevelle - "The Red"
Sum41 - "still waiting"
System of a down - "chop suey"

"Ridiculous Thoughts" - The Cranberries
"mmmbop" - Hanson
"Better" - The Screaming Jets

aphex twin - come to daddy. the one with the screaming monster. brilliant video.

björk - all is full of love. robots and sex, can it get better? fits the songs perfectly.

massive attack - unfinished sympathy. i like videos where the artists are walking.

blur - coffee and tv. cute.

beastie boys - sabotage. the coolest video ever.

Ray Stevens - Cannonball Run :D :mischief:

Top Bottom