Votes: 63 50.0%
  • Industrial

Votes: 30 23.8%
  • Modern

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters

MarshalN

Prince
As stated - when do you usually catch up in tech in your games? Please state difficulty and era. On immortal I seem to do it sometime during renaissance. I am mostly interested in folks who play on higher difficulties - there isn't much catching up to do on emperor or lower

Renaissance on Immortal. But if I'm in a cultural game, I don't beat them until industrial era (oxford pop Radio while spies are stealing military techs).

Renaissance. Immortal with the occasional Emperor or Deity game.

Basically once you start working Uni's and fill out Rationalism, you keep pace with the AI just fine.

Normally 2nd tier Medieval, although occasionally 1st tier Renaissance.

Emperor

Emperor. I never had to catch up on tech, but I'd always be worry about getting a tech or two stealed.

On Emperor, I usually start catching up in the Renaissance after early game warmongering. A few Great Scientists will usually quickly make up the ground.

In my latest game, though, I have a runaway Austria from another continent that is a tech era and a quarter ahead of me. That one's starting to look unwinnable.

I usually catch up when I'm in the renaissance. I have to say though, I usually have a really short medieval period and a really long renaissance. I usually enter the medieval with Civil service, grab theology and education, and then start the renaissance with astronomy (trying to get host of the WC - I play continents).

The spy is also really helpful for catching up.

I`m still rubbish cos I play King and can`t catch up until around the Medieval era- that`s if I don`t get attacked and wiped out first.

I dunno how those Civs get so far ahead so quick.

I play King, and most of the time catch up and surpass the AI's in the Renaissance period, if not earlier.

Industrial on Deity in most games, if the AI is derpin' around I can catch up before or if I am playing a Civ with a science boosting UA/UB.

Being behind on tech from the start means not getting to build any wonders so that means I have to be a warmonger. Its fun sometimes but not all the time. Sometimes I just want to play on King where we all start on an equal footing.

I play king and I'll catch up in science at the latest by medieval, but i usually am first or second pole to pole. If I build more than 4 cities then it's usually classical or medieval

Top Bottom