Where can i find the latest Civ2 MGE No Limits patch?

RedWolf

Deity
Hi Everyone... I posted in the Civ 2 general forum about a problem i was encountering while playing Civ2 MGE and a few helpfull people were able to narrow it down to the Game.txt file that comes with the "No Limits" patch.

basically a few wierd things were happening to me in the game: ie:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52409

-Civs stealing techs and the game NOT giving me the opportunity to break the peace treaty through the "this is a valid pretext for war" message screen.

-Also civs contacting me and when I asked for a cease fire they told me that they would grant this but only if I declared war on some other civ - but the dialog provided me with NO options to choose.

When looking in the games.txt file i noticed an extra space in the text for the "cease fire situation" listed above. I have corrected it but haven't played again so i'm unable to tell if it has fixed the problem. I've reownloaded the same no limits patch and that game.txt file is the same as the one I'm currently running so maybe there are in fact bugs in it (although I'm surprised that nobody else has noticed it in the past if this is the case)

The no limits patch that I have is dated October 2000 (which is the same version that both civfanatics and Apolyton have posted) so I was wondering if anybody here has a newer version or would know where could download a newer version.

I have NEVER seen this happen before my current game BUT i have also realzied that in the past i have used the no limits patch improperly:

ie: I used to:

Install Civ2 MGE
Install no limits patch
Install Civ2 Patch 3.

(this of course is wrong as the newest patch simply overwrites the no limits changes).

So this current game is the first time I've ever played using the patch the proper way:

Install Civ2 MGE
Install Civ2 Patch 3
Install no limits patch.

Thanks to everybody in advance.

Top Bottom